𝐌𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐒 || 𝐉.𝐅

summary : this morning was one of the same old early morning muffin runs with jeremiah

every morning in cousin's was the same. you'd wake up early, not quite wanting to fall back asleep. you left your curtains open every night, and you watched the sunrise falling through your window.

this morning, just as the sunrise was beginning and you were laying in silence, watching the array of colors, your phone buzzed next to you.

jeremiah : how are we feeling about an early morning muffin run ;)

you sat up quickly. you haven't had a single muffin this summer, and you always loved driving with jere to pick them up. you picked up your phone and typed a quick yes, before trying to find clothes to wear out.

jeremiah : meet you in the kitchen in 5

once you'd settled for an outfit you determined worthy, you grabed your phone and ran down sussanah's wooden stairs into the kitchen.

the sunrise was pouring through the windows, reflecting on to jeremiah perfectly. it looked like a picture out of the coffee table magazines susannah had always set out.

"you ready?" jere asks, his infamous smile across his face as he swung the keys to the jeep in his hands. a bright smile made it's way onto your face.

"for muffins? i'm always ready fisher." you say, hopping into the passenger side of the car. he couldn't help but nod his head in disbelief and smile at you.

as he hit the gas pedal backing out of the driveway, he handed you the aux cord. you scroller through your playlists until you found a song you liked.

the entire ride there was full of rising sunset views, loud singing and silly dancing, and longing stares from jeremiah. you caught a couple of them in the rear view mirror, but kept your mouth shut.

as you pulled in the parking lot of the muffin shop, jere came around to the passenger side, opening the door and helping you out of your seat.

"thank you." you say, shyly. jere had always been a gentlemen, but something was different this morning. you couldn't quite place it. he even went as far as to holding the door of the bakery open for you.

"jeremiah! you're getting so handsome and grown up!" the woman behind the counter called out. you'd seen her every summer since you were kids. "you too, y/n! you're looking gorgeous as ever. what a lovely couple the two of you make!"

both of you immeaditely broke out into a blush and grin. in the back of your minds, each one was waiting for the other to correct her, but neither of you did. jeremiah moved on quickly and his eyes darted to the case of various flavors of muffins.

"we'll do half a dozen blueberry, and another half dozen chocolate please." jeremiah says, looking up from the case and smiling at the woman. you reach into your purse to pull out your card but he stops you immeadiately. "it's on me."

"jere, seriously, let me pay." you say, attempting to shove your debit card into the palm of his hand. he kept his hand shut and handed his card to the owner of the establishment.

"god, i hate you." you mumble, giving him a playful shove in the side with a smile on your face as the two of you left the bakery. he had the two boxes full of muffins to bring home to the family in his arms.

the sun had risen over all of cousin's at this point, shining down on the two of you. susannah and conrad were bound to wake up at any moment. laurel and steven could be asleep the rest of the day if the other's didn't wake them up.

once the two of you got back to the beach house, you came in laughing together, cracking jokes and happy as can be. the two of you were caught pretty quickly when you walked into the kitchen and susannah and laurel were sitting there, two cups of coffee in hand.

"where did you two go at such an early hour?" sussanah says, a smile on her own face. she loved it when the two of you spent time together. she'd been dreaming the two of you would end up together since you were little kids, chasing each other around on the back deck.

"we brought muffins!" you say enthusiastically, placing the two boxes down onto the counter. just like magic, conrad and steven appeared at the bottom of the stairs, running into the kitchen and grabbing a muffin each.

"yes! they're freshly baked too." steven says, biting into one of the chocolate ones, ending up with chocolate spots around his mouth. conrad laughs and sits down next to laurel, eating his own blueberry muffin.

morning's like those, spending time with jeremiah and making your family happy were moments you'd never pass up, and moments you'd never take for granted. after all, these would be the same stories the two of you tell your kids someday.