𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 || 𝐉.𝐅

summary: jeremiah helps you through a sickening breakup.

the feeling in your stomach was overwhelming. it felt like everything around you was crashing. the entire world was spinning as you sat on your bed in the summer house. you stared at the grey text from your best friend back home. it was a photo of your boyfriend of 6 months, kissing another girl at a party back home.

you were sitting on the floral sheets sussanah had freshly washed, watching as tear drops flooded them, causing them to become soaked with saline. the sobs were causing your entire body to shake. eventually, you weren't able to hold them back and the cries escaped your lips. you didn't know how much time had passed, but as you were crying, you heard two soft knocks on your bedroom door.

before you had time to respond, you were greeted with jeremiah at your side, pulling you into an immeadite hug. "y/n, breathe. i got you. talk to me." he said, pressing a soft kiss into your hair as he rubbed an arm up and down your back. you let your weight fall against him, letting him hold you in his arms. the verbal sobs just kept coming. how could he do this? you truly thought he had loved you.

the more jere rubbed your back, whispering comforting things into your ear, with the occasional kiss to your head or your cheek, your breathing began to regulate and the tears began to slow.

"what happened, n/n? you can talk to me. forever and always, right?" he said with a slight smile, holding out his pinky finger just as the two of you did as kids. you'd vowed through the words 'forever and always' and a pinky promise that'd you never keep anything from each other, no matter what. the two of you had never broken it.

you interlocked your finger with his, leaning your head back against his chest. "he cheated, jere. he fucking cheated on me." you said, more tears started to run down your chest. you could feel the sigh jeremiah let out, feeling as he ran a hand through your hair.

"i'm so sorry." he whispered, leaning his back against the headboard of your bed, bringing you with him. you laid there for what felt like hours, just listening to jeremiah's breathing and the sounds of the waves crashing outside your window.

eventually, susannah had knocked on the door, wondering why the two of you hadn't come down for dinner. you didn't know that until later that evening, you had already fallen asleep on top of jeremiah. he was running a soothing hand down your back, making sure you wouldn't wake up.

susannah's heart melted at the sight of the two of you. ever since you were kids in cousins, jeremiah would be the first person to comfort you through anything. he was the one person who was there for you throughout your parents divorce. he was the one who gave you advice all throughout high school.

the two of you had been each others 'person' for as long as you could recall, and it was clear that time hadn't changed a thing. you couldn't be more grateful for him, and susannah couldn't wait for the day she knew you and her baby boy would be walking down the aisle together. even if the two of you didn't know it yet.