Chapter Two

SAXON KINGSLEY

SAXON KINGSLEY

She hides the darkest parts of her in fear of judgement.

-Present Day-

The buzzer rings, signaling the start of the match. I watched from the sidelines, keeping a close eye on the two fighters in the ring.

Zayden had his arms up to block his face while his opponent, Braxton Marucci, threw punches at him from every direction. My job was quite boring. Being forced to stand on the sidelines and wait till someone passes out or loses an eye or something. But anything to keep me far away from Dmitri. Even if it costs me a lifetime of boredom.

Zayden swiped his feet around Braxtons legs, sending him tumbling to the floor, and the crowd roared with enthusiasm as they watched attentively for Zayden to win.

With Braxton locked on the ground and Zayden on top of him, he tapped out, and the buzzer rang again, signaling the end of the match this time. Everyone cheered, clapping and hooting at him for his win.

It was so loud it felt like my ears were gonna start bleeding.

After a mess load of handshakes and congratulations, the two walked their separate ways towards their families. Fabiano wasn't here this time, nor was Claretta. But four out of his five brothers were there, plus his cousin Castriel, whose name I learned only recently.

I stood awkwardly, getting shoved back and forth by people who were leaving the stadium without a care in the world. I was two seconds away from shoving this dude in front of me, but a gentle hand on my arm pulled me away from my impulsive thoughts.

I looked up, seeing Kanaan - or Kane as he likes to be called - staring down at me with a grin. Kane is Zayden's only older brother and he's been kind to me ever since he met me.

"I don't think it's a good idea to start murdering our spectators don't ya think, saxophone?" He asked, quirking an eyebrow at me in question, though I could see the amusement in his eyes.

"Call me that again, Kanaan, and I'll rip the eyes from your skull." He only grinned wider, patting my back in a friendly manner before I shoved him off.

"Aww you love me too much to get rid of me that easily." Not true, but he can think what he wants. "Whatever helps you sleep at night," I sighed, patting- or more like slapping- his cheek twice before I walked back into the locker room where Zayden was waiting for me patiently on a bench.