Chapter Four

SAXON KINGSLEY

SAXON KINGSLEY

She hides the darkest parts of her in fear of judgement.

-Four Years Ago-

Have you ever stepped into a place and instantly felt safe? Hugged someone and instantly felt safe? Talked to someone and instantly felt safe?

Well at this very moment, I felt like the safest woman in the world. Mr and Mrs. Castillo had the brightest, most kindest, welcoming smiles on their faces.

But that wasn't the thing that made my body relax. It was the rumbling of laughter, chatter, and the running of tiny little feet behind them that had my shoulders falling with ease.

"Darling, are you alright?" Claretta asked, stepping forward to comfort me, but on instinct I flinched and stepped back, falling straight into Dane who was standing idly behind me like a statue.

He didn't even move when I bumped into him. He just went rigid. I quickly stepped away, not wanting to make him uncomfortable, and apologized to him in the process.

"Yes, I'm alright, thank you," I said, scratching the back of my neck awkwardly. I haven't had many social interactions in my life, so I wasn't very good at speaking with people. But nonetheless, I try.

"Oh, that's alright hon. Why don't you come in? It's much warmer in here," she suggested, stepping out of the way to let me inside.

Cautiously, I walked through the threshold and took in my surroundings. Wow. It was mesmerizing in here. It was drastically different from the dark ceilings I stare at every day.

There was a large, glass chandelier above me. It was ginormous and it sparkled the more my eyes moved over its stunning appeal. That looks expensive.

There was a staircase immediately to my left that led up to a second floor, and then another one that led to a third floor. I wasn't even sure if there was a fourth. The foyer was so spacious it felt like I could breathe in here.

There was a tiled pattern on the floor in the shape of a decagon. It was a golden engraving with something written on each corner. It was all in cursive. I couldn't read cursive, nobody ever taught me to read cursive. So it just looked like a jumble of letters I would never understand.

I averted my eyes from the words starting to give me a headache. To my right there was what I assumed, the thousand car garage I noticed while we were pulling in. To my left was a giant living room that I couldn't quite see into. Straight ahead of me was a long hallway that sectioned off into different areas.