Chapter Three

SAXON KINGSLEY

SAXON KINGSLEY

She hides the darkest parts of her in fear of judgement.

-Four Years Ago-

It was like crickets in this room. Dmitri was dead silent. He couldn't take his eyes off Fabiano. Clearly, his words struck him in the head like a bullet. His expression was one of exasperation. He looked like he couldn't believe this man would even ask that.

"What?" The first word spoken in the past ten minutes. "No. No offense, Castillo, but you're not taking my fucking wife from me for your little sex games."

I saw Fabiano flinch, but this time in disgust, and he clearly showed it. Even Claretta frowned, sending an apologetic look my way.

"That's horrendous. Unlike you, Gorbachev, I don't prey on innocent children or women. Miss. Kingsley would come work for me as a medic. She'd be under the roof of my fighting ring. I would be assigning her to my sons, treating them after each match and whenever something goes wrong in the department. If you want your deal, this is my negotiation."

My eyes widened with hope. This was something I could do. I could definitely do this. Getting away from Dmitri and staying in a place that would be fully surrounded by people and police? Dmitri could never touch me there.

Please agree to it you petty bastard.

Dmitri tapped his chin and ticked his tongue. The suspense was killing me. The whole room waited for his response so it was quiet again. I could hear my own heartbeat in my ears.

My breath hitched when I heard the click of the pen and a loud huff as Dmitri signed the very last page, locking in the agreement.

The men sitting around the table passed the documents back down to Fabiano, and he read over everything to make sure nothing was missed.

After nodding his head in confirmation, he folded his hands together on the table and leaned forward to look Dmitri straight in the eyes.

"Then it's final. Miss. Kingsley will work by the beginning of next week. If there's any problems in the meantime, don't think I won't come for you, Gorbachev." His voice was threatening, laced with so much venom that it even frightened me.

With the nod of his head, everyone stood up and shook hands, finalizing this agreement. I couldn't believe it honestly. I wanted to run around and scream from happiness. I wanted to kick my feet and yell into my pillow and hug the Castillo's. But I contained that excitement for my own sake.