30

Mashiho's POV

We just met and Baek is already staring? What an arse. But this time I collected my guts and decided to stare at him as well and not to look away. We both kept staring for a while which was clearly a little funny but I was determined not to look away eventually he shifted his gaze.

After that my eyes caught the sight of the most wanted person, Junkyu came in with Mia followed by Hyun-Suk and Yu-Ri. And then came all of my friends, Jeongwoo with Haruto

I should have seen that coming, they look cute tho. Jihoon hyung with Hyunsuk hyung, of course. And Asahi with Jaehyuk, so cute they're working on it. And the rest of the boys stayed back since they had no date and they were least bothered about this Ball.

"Hello young ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to The Ball. As we all know, we have gathered here to flourish our relationship with our lovely neighbours, The Byuns!" Hyun-Suk said and gestured towards a group of people who came forward and I could see two familiar faces in there.

One was obviously Baek and the other was the person I saw back at the fortress who was talking to Hyun-Suk. He came forward and said-

"Thank you Hyun-Suk. Good evening all, I'm Lee Byun, head of the Byuns. I want to say we're really honoured because of this felicitation, The Kims, Hyun-Suk and we the Byuns have shared many hardships in our way but we've survived them all. Let's hope for the same in the future" Lee said as everyone started clapping. Are they royals too? Or maybe they're business partners!

"back to reality dreamy head" Junkyu said snapping me back into reality. "How do you like the suit?" He asked.

"Ya well, it's okay" I replied cheekily.

"Absolutely stunning" He said and corrected my sentence in a calm tone. I turned red in embarrassment and could not say a word.

"How do you like the Ball?" He asked.

"Pretty good. Btw Who specifically are the Byuns?" I asked. After I completed my sentence, I turned to look at him & he was eyeing Lee.

"Strange people'' Then he turned to look at me in the eyes and said- "Stick to Bobby, I gotta go" He left after that. His voice had a sense of warning.

After some time there was an arrangement of mixer dance in which with change of a song's beats we had to change our dance partners. I immediately felt nervous, In this huge crowd of people, I could have any partner.

I started off with Bobby who happened to notice my uneasiness and said-

"Don't stress yourself and enjoy" I was then swirled around as the beat changed and I got a new partner who was a man with blonde hair, average height and emerald eyes.

"You're beautiful" He said.

"Thank you sir" I replied and yet again the beat changed and I got a new partner.

A black haired man. He just danced with me, didn't say a word so I didn't either but he kept his gaze focused to my side, on my neck probably. Thank god the beat changed and I got a new partner. Oh, a familiar face.

"Your eyes are captivating" Baek who had one of his hands on my waist said.

"I know" I replied with a smirk.

"But staring isn't cool" He said.

"Same goes to you"

"Uhh-uhh I wasn't staring, I was admiring"

"So was I then"

"A savage baby, aren't you?"

Before I could answer, I was snatched away by another person even though the beat hadn't changed. But I had no complaints since it was Junkyu himself. Now I only wished for the beat to never change. But instead of dancing he pulled me to a corner.

"What was he talking about?" He asked as he strongly gripped my arm.

"Flirting..." I replied.

"You better stay away from him" He said but was he jealous?

"Let's dance, shall we?" He said again and dragged me with the same arm as I whimpered because it really hurt.

He shook his head and grabbed my other arm surprisingly gently

He led me to the center of the hall when the next song played.

He embraced me in his arms. We started gliding and twirling around as we danced. I felt happy and as though I was in a dream as I danced, my suit swaying with my movements. Right now I'm the happiest I have ever been. I smiled as Junkyu spun me around and found myself gazing into his mesmerizing eyes, which looked friendly and warm

"You're my responsibility" He said. As I looked at him with a questioning look.

"There's a lot more beyond what you just see with your eyes and believe" He said and I instantly knew that he was talking about the night I saw him and Mia making out. I was speechless so I let him talk.

"Time is the master of everything so wait for the right time to come"

He swirled me again, He was facing my back now. He rested his face on my bare shoulder as I felt his breath against my skin, My legs wobbled as my body weakened when he said--

"You're mine" I immediately turned to look at him but he was gone, he got lost in the dim light amongst the crowd as I stood in the center of the hall asking myself for answers.

What was he trying to say? I could no longer bear the environment so I rushed towards the rest room. In my way I saw Baek looking at me but I didn't care.

When I was about to enter the restroom, I was pulled back with strong hands and I immediately understood it was Baek. So I screamed---

"Let go off me Baek - " But to my surprise he wasn't Baek, He was the person I danced with, who didn't speak a word to me but kept staring. I decided to shout but he blocked my mouth.

"Don't even dare to shout little bird. You're young and beautiful. I'm thirsty for your blood, you can't blame me for that can you?"

I used all of my self defense, kicking, punching and everything to stop him but he was way too strong.

What is he going to do to me? I need somebody's help right now.