31

Mashiho's POV

His grip became harder near my throat, I started to feel dizzy. At last all I could do was pray. I tightly closed my eyes, 'This can't be the end. I'm not destined for this'

Suddenly his grip loosened and after I opened my eyes, I looked at his face and his eyes and veins bulged out as if he was getting suffocated, then he was vigorously pulled back by somebody, I immediately freed myself.

I was gaining back my senses when I heard a thud sound. As I raised my gaze I saw a sight that turned my entire world upside down.

Junkyu stood in front of me, with red eyes, a visible set of fangs emerged from his mouth but his hands held a heart which dripped with blood that was brutally ripped out of the chest of the person whose body now laid lifeless on the floor.

"What are you?" This is all I could say.

This can't be true, I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming. He isn't Junkyu, he can't be. There is no way.

Junkyu took a step forward as I took a step backwards.

"Mashiho...listen... Please" He was saying something but I could only hear my heartbeat in my ears. He came towards me and grabbed my hand. I looked at him and then down to the place where he held me, my hands were covered with blood. So this is true, it's actually happening. I started feeling nauseous losing my balance after which I completely blacked out.

;)

I rolled around as I felt the soft mattress on which I was laying. So, Was that a dream? I believe it was, but then my attention went to the red suit that I wore in the Ball night, though it was a shade of red but the stain of the blood was still visible on it.

Horror and anxiety crept into my mind, no it wasn't a dream. There is no way I was hallucinating, he is a monster.

"No I'm not" A voice said.

I skipped a heartbeat after I heard that voice. I saw Junkyu sitting on the couch near to my bed. I immediately got up and maintained a safe distance from him. He can read my mind.

"Yes I can"

Hell no! This is impossible.

"Why impossible? Didn't you know vampires exist?"

Yes I knew vampires existed but that was long before, never in my dreams could I imagine that I have fallen for a vampire.

"What's wrong in vampires?" He again said. He was the only one talking verbally, he was reading my freaking mind.

"Stop that" I protested.

"Stop what?" He asked.

"Reading my mind"

"I can read your mind only because you're allowing me to. Build up your will, stay strong and I will no longer be able to"

"You don't order me"

"But you obey me anyways"

"Shut the hell up. I will never obey a monster"

"But I'm a vampire Mashiho" After hearing that from him I felt as if I was slapped multiple times on my face.

"Vampires are monsters. You killed him" My voice cracked as tears filled my eyes.

"That's because he wanted to harm you sweetheart" His voice was soft and gentle.

My heart let it all out, I was crying. He came to me and embraced me I didn't oppose it. This was a lot to take in but I can't deny the fact that I feel for him and what he did yesterday night was brutal but he did that to save me.

"Mashiho, There are things you don't know yet, but now I would like you to know" He said as he gestured someone to come in.

Actually two people came in. Jeongwoo & Haruto? I looked at them with a questioning look. When Jeongwoo spoke

"Hyung, how do you feel?" he asked.

I didn't reply to that question I don't know how I feel. Angered, sad, betrayed, broken? And as if he read my emotions, Junkyu let out a sigh and said-

"I think it's time for you to tell him Jeongwoo" Junkyu said looking at Jeongwoo

"Tell me what!?" I asked.

"Hyung" Jeongwoo sat beside me. "I'm one like Junkyu hyung" he concluded. I couldn't believe my ears.

"You're a vampire? " my voice was so low that it was barely audible.

he simply nodded. I seriously doubted my entire existence then. These truths were too bitter to accept, I looked at Haruto with pleading eyes and asked--

"Are you one of them too?" He didn't answer but instead of him Junkyu spoke--

"He will be one... Very Soon"

"You all lied to me" I started weeping even more.

"Mashiho, you need to calm down. But for now..." Jeongwoo turned towards Junkyu and Haruto & said--

"I want some time with him alone" and after that both of them left.

I could feel a weird tension prevailing in that room. Jeongwoo sat with his head lowered. So I decided to speak.

"Why, woo? I have so many questions!"

"Each one will be answered" he said. "But first of all Mashi hyung, You have to promise me that you'll never do anything against us. We're your friends, all we ever did or ever do will be only because of your safety and well-being" he said. I personally thought I should give a chance to him

"How will you explain yourself then?" I asked bluntly.

"I'm 159 years old vampire. I was turned by Junkyu with my own will. My parents are long dead. And I work for him now" His words were stabbing my heart like daggers but I chose to first listen to him.

"I moved to Seoul on his command, to look after you" he said.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"All I can say now is that you have to trust in us. You know nothing about your family's history, you have a prophecy to fulfill"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"About your..." Jeongwoo was suddenly interrupted by Junkyu

"Enough! You know Jeongwoo, the lesser he knows the safer he is." He concluded. I couldn't bear such suspicious things.

"But I want to know. I have the rights to" I protested.

"Yes you do. But I have already said this to you, You have to wait for the right time" He said.

Jeongwoo got up from my bed, gave me a little smile and said "Take care, we'll meet soon" After that he left the room.

The people whom I trusted the most are betraying me in ways I could have never even imagined but they're also the ones who expect me to trust them. How is that possible?

"You'll have to forgive your friend. he's a loyal one." Junkyu said.

I looked at him with my blank face. I no longer knew what emotions to display. He then left the room. My mind was flooding with questions as my heart ached after learning the unacceptable truths.

I felt betrayed and all of these seemed unreal. I didn't know how to face them. My tired eyes could no longer keep open, the easiest escape was to fall asleep because now I thought my nightmares were better than my reality.