18

Mashiho's POV

"England is your Birthplace, isn't it Mashiho?" Bobby asked.

"Yeah, it is, But I don't remember anything. All I remember is my mom and me staying in New Zealand"

Bobby-"Why did you move then?"

Jeongwoo-"You don't need to answer if you don't want to Mashi hyung"

Mashiho- "No it's ok Jeongwoo... My father died here after he left me and my mom, I don't exactly know how tho, So my mom moved to NZ with me for a fresh start"

Bobby- "I'm sorry for that Mashiho"

I gave an inconsiderable smile.

"Nevermind, He wasn't a good person so..."

"Don't say that!" Junkyu interrupted me, he wasn't even looking at me.

But why shouldn't I? He was my father & he wasn't a good person.

"Well That's at least What my mom has told me all along, So I don't really care" I said not paying attention to what Junkyu said.

"But you never knew him, So you don't get to say that"

Now he was looking at me dead in the eyes. I felt uneasy, His facial expressions changed from being all jolly to scary. I restored back.

"Excuse me, he was my dad. And my mother says he wasn't a good person, which means he wasn't. You didn't know him, so you don't have the right to say anything either."

He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by Bobby.

"Ok you guys, calm down. Look we are almost there." He said pointing to a large gate, guarded by four bodyguards. It slowly opened and the car entered, But there was no House or anything, how are we almost there then?

The car proceeded, the land on either side of the road was covered with flowers like the Cornflowers, Columbines, Honeysuckles, Dog Roses, Scorpion grasses & what not, it spread over such a vast area that it looked as if there was no end.

Somewhere amidst the flowers I could vaguely see a circular lawn with a path around it. There was a central bed of shrubs. Outside of the lawn area were four rose bush beds to fill up the square area. It was like nature in her humble brilliance. I was loving every bit of it.

There was a whole damn labyrinth there, surrounded by shrubs trimmed in different shapes, In form of people actually.

"Mashiho hyung, hyung...! Look at that" me had gone hysterical.

"What is it?" I saw towards the direction he was pointing at.

"Fuck... " It was everything I manged to utter.

Beyond the horizon, the sun illuminated a castle which was bold on the blue beyond. It stood there as if conjured from a fairytale book. I imagined unicorns in the courtyard, because if those towers could exist, why not?

Every stone was even and square, as if those who built were set on perfection, as if they really loved what they made. And there a wooden signboard that said "The Fortress of Cambridge Falls"

"Hold your jaws" Bobby said & that pulled me back into reality.

The car had already stopped, Junkyu & Jeongwoo already got out & there stood Bobby supposedly laughing at me.

"It's gonna be tough tho" I mocked getting out of the car.

We were walking, when Bobby said.

"I'll truly make sure that you enjoy your time to the fullest while you are here"

"You seriously are a sweetheart, thank you" I'm obviously going to enjoy, this place is next to heaven!

When we approached the large & sumptuous fort. I saw shrubbery cut to look like swans. Statues of swans taking flight. Fountain where a mother swan spat water on baby swans. And of course actual swans gliding across the ponds that encircled the entire fort.

We passed the wooden bridge that crossed the middle so you could look down at the koi carp. The flower beds were a riot of May colour and even on close inspection they were weed-free. We stood their for sometime, appreciating the scenes.

"My mother loves swans, She thinks they're very graceful creatures." Bobby said.

"I can see it for real." I replied.

After we entered the fort, one could see an open porch at the front held up with most ostentatiously detailed pillars, painted in brilliant white. Inside there were no doors on the ground floor, only arches. The flagstone floor had been shipped in also and was made with a stone of soft blue hues. There was a central quadrangle and over five hundred rooms.

A small army of maids & servants stood in a queue both sides while we were walking between them.

"Welcome master Bobby" One of them said, she seemed the head maid. She was young beautiful & had beautiful pale skin.

"Agatha, This is Mashiho & Mashiho this is Agatha the head maid of The Fortress of Cambridge Falls & also the sweetest" Bobby introduced.

"Nice to meet you Agatha" I said.

"Nice to meet you too Sir, From now on you're my responsibility"

"Sorry I didn't really catch you" I asked.

"Lord Junkyu asked me to be your personal maid, actually each one of your friends have got one and they are already at their respective rooms." She said, smiling.

A personal maid? I mean I needed one, else I would get lost here. Also she seems so friendly.

"I'll show you your room, Sir" She said. I nodded & bade goodbyes with Bobby. I & Agatha started walking up the staircase.