Part 8

My phone lights up with a text.

Karenia: Where are you? You haven't been in school for the past two days.
Me: In my room. I feel awful. Like i ruined Abryl's life. Oh wait, I DID.
Karenia: I gotta go. I'm coming over after school. And expect another visitor.

*AFTER SCHOOL*

I make myself decently presentable. As soon as I finish applying minimal concealer beneath my eyelids- i hadn't gotten much sleep- there was a knock on the door. I rush down the steps, taking them two at a time and pull open the door to reveal Karenia. I cut straight to the point and ask her about the mysterious visitor.
"Turn around."
I turn and find a giant looking at me. No, wait, it's just Oscar.
"Hi."
"Or hey." I automatically respond, not thinking twice about how stupid that sounded.
I whisper to Karenia, "Why is he here?"
"I want you two to hang out."
"But why?!"
"Because then you two will fall in love. Duh!"
"What?!"
"Ok wow you guys are bad at whispering." We both look at Oscar and laughed, we had practically forgotten he was there.
"Whatever. Do you guys got 15 dollars?"
"No."
"I do."
"Thank you Oscar. Now let's go."
"Wait where are we going?"
"Get out losers we're going for pizza."
Oscar looks as though he might die of laughter and I give him a disappointed look.
"The fact that you get that reference makes me worried for you."
"Hey. Everyone has watched mean girls at least once in their life."
"Actually, I haven't." I say above a whisper. I guess they must have heard because they both stopped walking and stared at me in disbelief.
"We're going to my house after pizza. We are getting that movie and you are going to see how great it is!" Wow Karenia must love this movie.

*AFTER PIZZA AND A QUICK TRIP TO KARENIA'S HOUSE*

"Ok let's get this movie started!"
"Yaaaay!"
"Ok that was the weirdest and dumbest thing I've ever heard you say, and you say a lot of stupid things." Oscar was still here and he made it clear that he was going to stay.