Part 11

"Abryl and I are back together!" Oscar announced.
"What the fuck." Oscar had agreed to never date Abryl again and Abryl had agreed to move on because she knew how much I liked him.
"Sorry. But you missed out. Now we're gonna go do stuff that is way better than sitting here an talking to you."

I woke up from my nightmare. Looking over at my alarm clock, it read, 4:17 am sat. Knowing I wouldn't be able to fall asleep, I pulled on a random pair of shoes and a sweater and walked out into the night. Whenever this happened, and it happened quite frequently, I would always go to one place. Walking into the familiar diner, I walked up to the counter to greet my favorite person who actually was nice to me. Of course, we were related so it took away from satisfaction of being treated nicely.
"Hi Bar."
"It happened again?"
"Psh. The nightmares. No. I just decided to take a walk at 4:30 in the morning."
"Right. Sorry Bar." We had this thing where we call eachother bar. We had decided to become bæs to eachother after deciding everyone else is a prick but when she went to type bæ, she typed bar and it became our thing.
"So can I have some coffee now?" I loved coffee in the morning even though it wouldn't help me get any sleep whatsoever.
"Sure." we sat in a comfortable silence until the machine was done. I paid for my drink and we talked for a bit. She went to put her apron away and I got up to leave. As I dragged my feet to the door, I noticed a five dollar bill on the floor. Hey, money is money and people practically worship it. I pick up the money and as I turn around I find a person standing rather close to my face.