Finally Home (Ghost/Reader)

Summary - After what felt like months (but was two weeks), Ghost comes home from deployment. 

Warnings - none 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of the front door unlocking filled your ears as you sat on the couch reading a book. You looked up, excitement filling your veins as you realized that noise meant Ghost was finally home. 

You jumped off the couch, putting your book on the coffee table. 

Ghost stepped through the door, quickly locking it behind him. When he turned around, his arms were outstretched, ready for the hug you consistently gave him when he got home. 

"Ghost!" You said excitedly as you wrapped your arms around him. "I missed you so much." Your voice was muffled as you buried your face in his chest. 

Ghost ran a hand through your hair, holding you close to him. "I know, Luv," He said softly. "I missed you, too." Not letting you go, he guided you back to the couch. He sat down and pulled you onto his lap, shifting his grip to hold your waist. 

"How've you been, Luv?" He asked, looking up at you with those big brown eyes you adored. "Can't imagine you living alone for two whole weeks." The teasing remark made you smile. 

"I did a lot of reading." You said, gesturing toward your book on the coffee table. "It's boring here without you; I had to make my entertainment instead of watching you cook every night." 

Ghost gave a sympathetic look, pulling you closer to him. "Oh, how tragic," he said sarcastically. "My poor darling had to entertain themselves for two weeks. It must have been absolute torture." 

"Your phone call every night was the only thing keeping me going." You said in a dramatic tone. "I feared I might die without hearing your voice." 

Silence washed over you both as you lay in his embrace. The familiar warmth you had grown to love so much was finally back. You felt like everything was right again; you were safe, he was safe, and everything was good. 

A quiet sigh left his lips as he held you. Ghost had always held you like you would break at any moment. He was used to the hardened men of his regiment, not civilians.

His grasp on you, while gentle, was firm and protective. It felt like the moment he let you go, he'd have to leave again. He knew that wasn't the case. He had mandatory leave for at least two weeks to recover from his last mission, but it still felt like he couldn't let you go. 

"I love you, my little dove." Ghost said gently, stroking your hair still. "You've got me all to yourself for the next two weeks. No missions, no work, just us in this big old house." 

You smiled at his words, snuggling yourself deeper into his arms. "Finally." 

He chuckled at your statement. 

"I'm going to stay right by your side, Luv. No getting rid of me." He laughed lightly. "Could hold you like this forever, ya know." 

"Please, you totally should." You spoke in a half laugh. "That's the dream. Getting to lay here in my husband's arms forever." 

"I love you so much." Ghost said again, holding you close. "I can't even explain it." 

"I love you too, hon." You said back with a smile. "You don't need to explain it. Just let yourself feel it."