To Sir, With Love [Briles]

All they had ever been to each other was, Dominant Talbot and Submissive Gajos. Over time, Stiles had quickly and irrevocably fallen for the alpha but Brett didn't know that. He knew Stiles was becoming much more tactile outside the bedroom than ever before but he didn't know why. Stiles meanwhile, was trying to hint at his desire for more between them but wasn't confident enough to ask for it.

After an intense scene, Stiles came out of subspace and glanced up at the alpha with a fond dopey smile said, "Sir?"

"Yes, little kit?" the alpha said softly as he carded his fingers through Stiles's hair. It was their usual aftercare routine.

"I love you," Stiles slurred sleepily before promptly falling asleep, feeling safer and more content than ever before.

Meanwhile, Brett was frozen at the admission. He had never had anyone say those three words to him before.

When Brett distanced himself completely after the confession, Stiles took it as a blunt rejection. It was true that he had been tired but he knew exactly what he was saying when he said those three words. It was apparent however that Alpha Talbot did not feel the same. Knowing this, Stiles found he could no longer continue on with their partnership anyway. It wasn't worth it to have only a little of Brett when he wanted all of him.

So, Stiles took what belonged to him from before they started their partnership, and left everything else behind. It was a hard thing for him to do, especially when it came to leaving behind the beautiful red leather collar that had made its home around Stiles's throat from day one. He felt naked without it and felt a great loss as he placed it back in its case with shaky hands, stuttered breathing and tear streaked cheeks. Lastly, with even more tears forming in his eyes, that then slipped down his cheeks, he left a note on the bedside table.

To Sir, With Love,

Once I saw you I had to know you. Once I knew you I had to have you but then, I wanted to be yours. For never before had I found a place where I could give myself over so completely and fully to another person. Yet, for almost a year, that's exactly what I've done.

I love you and I know it's not what we planned but I can't help how I feel. This Friday it'll be one year since we met. Please meet me at the place where it all began. I hope to discover that you feel the same way but though I hope, I can acknowledge the fact that my hope won't come to fruition. I'm sure we both may very well want different things. I'm prepared for that.

So whatever your answer shall be, I will understand. I cannot continue our partnership anymore with what has come to light. I will always love you though and I hope to see you. Perhaps if you do come, I will find myself in your arms once again, not long after.

All of me, is all for you, Alpha Talbot. Always.