Chapter 2

"So, you two ever get married?" Asks Joe, causing me to spit out the water I just took a sip of.
"Nah. We met after shit hit the fan. Ain't no time ta be thinkin' 'bout that. We just survive and protect each other. Ain't nothin' special." He smirks as he presses a kiss to my temple.
"Too bad you all met that way, huh?" Asks Len, giving Daryl a glare.
"Take a picture; it'll last longer." Daryl retorts, pushing the bowl of meat past us.
"Dar-" he shakes his head, pointing to Len mowing over the bowl of meat. I nod.
"Oh I will. Well, a picture of her. Naked. Damn baby, that'd be sexy; wouldn't it?" He asks.
"Not happenin'." Daryl growls again, gnashing his teeth once more at him. "She's mine, inbred." He snaps, pulling me closer to him again. Len leaps onto Daryl; punching, kicking, knees and elbows flying.
"Enough!" Joe's voice echoes through the compound. The men break up their playground fighting. "She's his Len. No more on her." He finalizes it, making Len nod; much like a beta bows to an alpha.
"Yeah, stupid." Daryl mutters under his breath, pulling me back to him. Ghosting his lips across my forehead, he whispers in my ear, "mine, and no one else's."
"Lights out guys." He commands, looking me over again, before adding, "and doll." He smirks, causing Daryl to grunt at him.
We climb into the truck, pulling the doors shut and locking them. "Darlin', you know I ain't really like this right? I'm just a quiet redneck. If you want somebody to love you, keep lookin'. But I won't give them the satisfaction of hurtin' you." Those sweet promises were the greatest gifts in the day and age. "Never." He whispers, curling up against the door.
"No. Daryl, they'll know something's up. If you lay across the seat, I'll lay on you." I twist myself onto my feet to let Daryl settle. After he's settled, I lay down on him, resting my hands on his chest. Warm hands run up my sides before coming to a halt at the small of my back.
"Darlin', I love you." Comes out of no where, when I feel the presence of someone else watching us.
"Dare!" I cry, smacking his chest playfully.
"Oh c'mon. Ain't nobody watchin'. Take it off." He smirks, tugging on my shirt. Looking around as if not to see the other person, I slip my shirt off, watching as Daryl begins to kiss my collarbone.