Chapter 6

A/n~
This is dedicated my birthday twin Kenji <3

Y/n POV:
I was informed that I would be accompanying Chuuya in 'attacking the enemy base,' although it's not much of an attack as it is a warning. I asked them why I needed to go with him since I know that he's more than capable of handling this himself but they just said that they wanted me to do the negotiation part and leave the initial fighting to Chuuya.

With that, I get myself ready and head down to meet up with Chuuya so we can leave.

"Are you ready to go, Chuuya?" I ask as I walk up to him.

"Yup, and the car's ready too so we can go ahead and head out" he says as he gestures for me to follow him towards the car.

A few minutes later, we arrived at the Agency's temporary base. Me and Chuuya enter the tunnel together with him slightly in front of me and to my left. I spot the several cameras that were set up in the case of intruders and I turn to Chuuya to see that he has also noticed them.

3rd-person POV:
"President, I think we should call back the offensive teams" Ranpo says with a serious tone in his voice.

"The enemy? How many are attacking?" Fukuzawa asks.

"Two" Ranpo replies.

Y/n POV:
As we continue to walk down the tunnel, a bunch of red lights are pointed at the both of us. At the same time, I was using my Ability, God's Wrath, to disable all but one of the cameras. My ability allows me to manipulate, create and shape electricity. I look towards Chuuya from the corner of my eye and see his signature smirk. 'God, he's so hot. Anyways...'

"You'd send these puppets to meet a special envoy? You're so short-staffed, I could cry. Could you send out a living being?" Chuuya requests.

~A few moments later~

'Kenji and Yosano should be walking up to us soon.'

"Oh, come on... Only two?" Chuuya asks, disappointed.

"If you're dissatisfied with the reception, return after making an appointment" Yosano responds.

"You think the Mafia needs an appointment to raise hell in an enemy base?" Chuuya asks with a smirk on his face.

"Oh! I don't think they do!" Kenji answers while raising his hand. 'He's so adorable!!'

"If you want to raise hell, have at it. But that's not what you came here for. Am I right?" Yosano says.

"How do you know?" Chuuya asks.

"Well, they are a 'detective' agency. Figuring out this much should be child's play to them" I answer before Yosano can respond.

"I see. Where's your president?" Chuuya asks.

"Over there" Yosano says while pointing to the one camera I left on.

"Here's a present from my boss" Chuuya says while holding up a picture of two Guild members, Howard Phillips Lovecraft and John Steinbeck.

"Are those... Guild members?" Fukuzawa asks.

"We reeled them in with bait. The time and location they'll appear is written here" Chuuya says while turning the photo to reveal the backside. He continues by saying, "You don't get many chances like this, do you? You can get one over on that detestable Guild!"

"I see. That's a titillating proposal" Yosano states.

"Isn't it?" Chuuya responds.

"But I've got an even better one. How about I hack off your limbs and make you cough up your plans?" Yosano says.

"Now that's a splendid idea. Give it a try" Chuuya says, all fired up.

"Kenji!" Yosano shouts.

"Gotcha" Kenji responds.

"Stand back, Y/n" Chuuya says in a low voice so only I can hear.

Following his commands, I take a few steps back to avoid getting smacked by a train railing. Kenji then grabs ahold of the railing, ripping it from its tracks and swinging it towards Chuuya. Chuuya easily dodges it by jumping up and landing on top of it. He then runs up to Kenji and kicks him into the wall.

Yosano tries to sneak up behind Chuuya to slice him with her weapon but he's able to dodge it by using his gravity manipulation to stand on the ceiling, away from her reach.

"That ability... You're Chuuya Nakahara, the gravity manipulator, aren't you?" Yosano inquires.

"Tch. That damn Dazai must've blabbed" Chuuya whispers to himself.

"He's standing upside-down but his hat isn't falling off! City folk really are amazing" Kenji states.

"I hate to break it to you, but knowing who he is and what his ability is won't help you in the slightest" I speak out, slightly bored from having to stand here and watch.

"My, my. Isn't someone confident? Or is it that you overestimate his ability and skill?" Yosano asks.

"It's actually neither. I just know what he's capable of, so much so that I didn't even need to be here. He could've handled this on his own. But I'm better at negotiating than he is so here I am. Besides, even if that bit of knowledge helped you against your fight with Chuuya, you'd still have me to go through" I state in a nonchalant tone.

"Hm. Dazai did mention an interesting person with a hood and a mask. I'm assuming he was referring to you" Yosano says.

"Maybe, maybe not. That aside, I believe we have something more important to discuss. Right, president of the detective agency?" I ask, turning my head to face the camera.

"Right. It's true that if the Detective Agency defeats the Guild, you will slash the enemy's strength without lifting a finger. If you're lucky, the Detective Agency and the Guild might even take each other out" Fukuzawa states.

"But you have nothing to lose. Right?" I say.

"If what you say is true, then yes. What are you hiding?" Fukuzawa asks.

"Nothing" I respond.

"What action is the Port Mafia going to take?" Fukuzawa asks.

"We don't have to take any action" I state.

"I see. So that's what's going on. The Guild must have suspected a trap, just like we did. But they fell for it. Because the bait was just too appetizing. What did you use to bait the Guild?" Ranpo asks.

"You should be able to figure that out, Mr. Greatest Detective" I say with a monotone expression.

"You used our office staff as bait?!" Fukuzawa shouts.

"You can still get them out of there in time. Plus, the Guild has no idea that you're about to act. It'll be an easy win" Chuuya continues for me.

"Is anything they said untrue?" Fukuzawa asks Ranpo.

"No, unfortunately. Times like these are when the truth is most effective" Ranpo replies.

Chuuya slowly begins to chuckle before saying, "'Even if they know it's a pitfall, the Agency will still fall right into it.' My boss's words."

'The first phase of this three-way war... has begun.'