Chapter 3: Everything Crashing Down

I've been watching Carl for a few months. It's been nice. He's like a little brother to me. Whenever I come over we play video games, watch movies, or just talk. But I also hang out with Rick a lot, too. It's not weird, right? No. We're just friends. It's not weird to have a friend who's married, right? He sometimes has coffee at the coffee house and we sit and talk during my breaks. He also introduced me to his friend, Shane who is his partner. He's seems nice.

I saw Rick come in. He looked upset. It was my break so I got us coffee and I sat with him. "Rick, are you ok?" I asked. He shook his head. "I need advice." He said. "You want advice from me? Not Shane?" I asked. "I think it would be better if I talked to you about this." Said Rick. "Why?" I asked. "Well, Lori and me had a fight this morning." He said. "Oh..what happened?" I asked.

"Well, the thing is, she always wants me to talk. But, whenever I do, it's like she didn't wanna hear it at all. I feel like she's pissed at me all the time." He said. "I'm sure she was just upset about something and just needed to let her anger out. It happens." I said. "You wanna know the last thing she said to me this morning?" Rick asked. I nodded. "She said, sometimes I wonder if you even care about us at all." He took a sip of his coffee. "And the worst part is, she said that in front of Carl." He looked angry.

Wow, that's gotta suck. Carl shouldn't have heard that. "Imagine going to school with that in your head." Rick said.

"I think things will get better tonight when you come home. Couples fight and make up all the time. You guys will get through this." I said. Rick smiled. "Thanks, Bailey. It was nice talking to you." Rick's walkie talkie starts going off. "Oh, I better go." He said. "Thanks, again for the talk." He said. "Anytime, Rick." I said. I saw him drive away in his police car. I feel bad for Rick. And Carl especially. I know what it's like to have parents fight. I hope everything works out for them.

1 hour later...

Shane comes in the coffee house. He looked upset and worried. "Shane, what's wrong?" I asked. "Rick..." He said. "What happened?" I asked. "He's been shot." He said. "Oh my god." I said. I was in shock.
"He's still alive. He's in surgery right now. Lori and Carl are at the hospital now." He said. "He's gonna be ok, Bailey." He said. I started thinking about Carl. I can't even imagine what he's going through. First, he heard his parents fighting and now this. "I'm going to the hospital now. You wanna come with me?" He asked. I couldn't speak. I was so upset. So I'll I did was nod.

We went to the hospital. I saw Lori and Carl in the waiting room. Lori was pacing and Carl was sitting in one of the chairs. I saw tears running down his face. "How is he?" Shane asked Lori. "He's still in surgery." Lori said. I couldn't believe this was happening. I sat next to Carl. "Hey." I said. Carl didn't look up. "Hey." He said. Lori and Shane walked away to talk alone. I stayed with Carl. "He's gonna be ok." I said to Carl. He didn't respond.

I know he's gonna be ok. Rick is gonna pull through and he will be back with his family. Everything will be ok.

Hey guys! I'm hope you're all enjoying this fanfic! Next chapter will be up sometime tomorrow! I luv u guys! Byee! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖