Chapter 4: Everything's Not Ok

I can't believe this is happening. The world is gone. Everything. The dead now came back to eat the living. And what's worse is that Rick died. During all the chaos, Shane had me protect Lori and Carl while he tried to get Rick out of the hospital. He came back and said he died. I'm trying really hard not to think about him but it's really hard.

We found a refugee camp with a lot of nice people. Well not all of them are nice. The one person I can't stand the most out of everyone, is this guy Merle. He's so loud and obnoxious. He flirts with me a lot too. He has a brother. His name is Daryl. They're nothing alike. I'm the only person that Daryl's nice to.

I was helping the other women wash clothes. I was talking to this girl Andrea. "So me, T-Dog, Glenn, Morales, Jacqui, and Merle are going to Atlanta to try and find some supplies. Wanna come with?" She asked. "No. I think it's best if I stay here and help out with the camp." I said. "Are you sure?" She asked. "Yeah, but thanks for offering me to go." I said.

Later I went into the woods. I brought a gun and I knife with me. I needed to be alone. I started thinking about Rick. I don't know why. I never thought about him so much before. I miss him. I started to cry. Everything is just so messed up.

I heard a noise. I stopped crying. I followed the noise. When I got closer, I saw something. I couldn't believe it. Shane and Lori. So she moved on just like that? And with Rick's best friend? Wow. Classy. Wait, why isn't she watching Carl? Is somebody watching him? Oh god. I left the woods and went back to camp.

When I went back to camp, I saw Carl playing with the other kids. Ok good. He's ok. I saw Daryl walk by with his crossbow. "I'm gonna go hunt." He said. "Be careful." I said. "Always am." He said. Then he left.

"Bailey?" Carl said. "What's up, Carl?" I asked. "I need to talk to you." He said. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "I miss my dad." He said tearing up. "I know. I do too." I said. I gave him a hug. "I don't think my mom misses him." He said. I looked at him. "Why would you think that?" I asked. "I don't know. It's just she doesn't seem sad anymore." He said. "Well, Carl, people handle grief in different ways. Maybe she doesn't seem sad anymore because she trying to be strong for you." I said. "You think so?" Carl asked. "Yeah." I said. Carl gave me a hug.

He picked up a dandelion and gave it to me. "This is for being a good friend." He said. I smiled and took it. "Thank you." I said. Carl was smiling. I started to notice how much he looks like his father. That made me miss Rick even more. But maybe this is better. He's in a better place now and doesn't have to live in a world with dead people coming back to life and eating you.

I saw Lori and Shane come out of the woods. I'd be surprised if everyone hasn't found out about them yet.

Hey guys! That was chapter 4! Hoped you all enjoyed! And I know the picture above has nothing to do with this chapter...I just saw it on Pinterest and wanted to use it...cuz he looks so adorable!!! Ahh! (Sorry...fangirling at the moment) Lolz! Anyways, I luv u guys! Byee! 💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖