Chapter 24: The Decision

I wake up. I'm in one of the bedrooms at Hershel's house. I look over and see Rick. He looked like he got beat up.

"Rick?" I said. "What happened? Why are you back already?"

"You've been asleep all day yesterday." Rick said. "Me and Shane came back last night while you were out. Are you ok?"

I nodded.

"So do you guys do it?" I asked. "You left Randal?"

Rick sighs.

"There's been a change in plans." Rick said. "Apparently he went to school with Maggie. He says she didn't know him but he knows that Hershel is her dad which means he knows where the farm is."

"Crap." I said. "What are we gonna do? Just keep him as a prisoner forever?"

"We are gonna have a meeting tonight and discuss it." Rick said. "I'll get Hershel and let him know you're awake."

He gets up to leave.

"Rick wait." I said.

He turns back around.

"What happened to your face?" I asked.

Rick chucked.

"I had a little disagreement with Shane." Rick said. "But don't worry. He won't be a problem anymore."

Then he left. I was confused by what he said. I can't honestly believe that Shane would all the sudden have a change of heart. I don't think Rick can believe it either.

~~~

Hershel checked on me. He said I looked better and I felt better. He said I was ok to be out of bed now. I found out that after I passed out Beth tried to kill herself. She broke the mirror and used it to cut her wrist. But, after she did it she realized she really wants to live. I'm happy she knows that now. I hate how a girl her age is living in this world. She'll never get to graduate, go to college, or experience all the other great things you get to do. It breaks my heart thinking about it. I saw the others outside talking so I joined them.

"He's a threat." Rick said. "We have to eliminate the threat."

He was talking about Randal.

"So you're just gonna kill him?" Dale asked shocked.

"It's settled." Rick said. "We'll do it today."

Rick walks away. Dale follows them and I can hear the two arguing.

"How are you feeling, Bailey?" Ava asked.

"Better." I said.

"What happened?" Andrea asked. "I heard you fell down the stairs."

I saw Lori glaring at me behind Ava and Andrea.

"Just lost my footing is all." I said. "I've been known to be a klutz."

Lori nods at me. I gave her a "go to hell" look. I didn't want to tell anyone about Lori pushing me down the stairs. I hate drama so much and if I tell what really happened, it will makes things worse. I'm just so sick of her and her crap.

"Well, I'm glad you're ok." Ava said.

~~~

We had the meeting in Hershel's living room. We all said how we felt about the whole Randal situation. Rick, Shane, Daryl are gonna take him to the barn and end this. I told Rick that he should do what ever he has to do. I trust him. Dale left the house after the meeting all upset. He said if we do this we will lose our humanity. And that this group is broken. Maybe he's right. Everything he said made sense. But we don't know if this guy could kill us or not and we can't take that risk. Rick comes back later with Carl. I thought he was inside. Who am I kidding? He's never in the house.

"We're keeping Randal in custody." Rick said. "For now."

Rick walks away. I walk over to him. Something must've happened.

"Hey." I said. "What happened?"

Rick sighs.

"Carl followed us." Rick said. "He wanted to watch. I couldn't do it."

I give Rick a hug.

"It's ok." I said.

I saw Lori with the others giving me a dirty look. I seriously can't stand her. Why don't you watch your kid for once?

Me and Rick hugged and it felt good. It felt like we've been hugging forever at this point. But I didn't wanna let go and neither did Rick. But then we had to when we heard someone screaming.

"What was that?" I asked.

"I don't know." Rick said.

We run over to where the screams were coming from. Pretty much everyone came with us. I saw Daryl in the distance.

"Over here!" Daryl yelled. "Dale needs help!"

Oh god. Dale. What happened? I finally get there and see Dale. A walker bit him. I started crying. How did a walker get here? Everyone gets there and sees him.

"He's suffering." Andrea said while crying.

She's right. It looks like a walker opened up his whole stomach and he's losing so much blood. Rick takes his gun and points it at Dale's head. He starts crying because he can't do it. Daryl takes the gun from Rick and points it at Dale's head.

"Sorry, brother." Daryl said.

Dale nods at him. Daryl pulls the trigger.

Hey guys! Hope you like this chapter! Sorry it's so short...I wanted to let you guys know that since I have to go back to school tomorrow I won't have time to update....:( but I'm gonna try to update every Saturday if I can. Thank you guys so much for the votes and the nice feedback. Luv u guys! Byee!! 💖💖💖💖💖💖