Chapter 10

~The Golden Age~

So far 5 years have passed and I am now 18. In the past few years, we've done a lot for Narnia. After the coronation, I was put in charge of training and military. I have officially re-earned my title as the best swordsman in Narnia. Edmund always tries to tie me for the title but he always loses.

Edmund

He's grown up a lot these past few years, his baby face has gone down and his hair more, He looks... nicer than before.

We have gotten closer as friends these past few years as well. 

We're so close that we can even have sleepovers. It changes what room we go into every night, of course, we keep these sleepovers a secret. Because 1: I don't need to hear Susan's teasing and 2: I am supposed to start looking for a husband.

Ugh

Speaking of the devil, odd things have been happening every time I come around him. I would get this feeling in my stomach, the same feeling I got on the night of our coronation. I've talked to Susan about these feelings and she says that I am getting butterflies.

How does one get butterflies in her stomach?

I didn't tell her it was Edmund that I was having these butterflies about. I told her it was one of the characters in the book I was reading.

Pathetic, I know.

But it was the only lie I could come up with quickly. I'm sure that if you tell one of your friends that you have a crush on her sibling, it won't go well.

Lucy has grown a bit too, she still has her baby face, but she is growing into a sensible young woman.

Susan has matured a bit more too, like me, she's starting to search for a husband. She's about as excited as I am if not less.

Why do we have to do this? I don't know. Peter proposed the idea and we've had massive balls to have someone court us since.

Peter, has grown too. He does his job as High King and since I am head of the military, training, and resources we spend a lot of time together.

Susan says it makes Edmund jealous because he always glares at Peter every time me and him are close.

I told her that thought was ridiculous. 

"Astrea, are you even paying attention to me?" Edmund asks snapping me out of my thoughts.

I come back to reality and see that we are in the training area. I remember that Edmund challenged me to a battle.

"Yeah, sorry," I say readying my sword.

"Thinking of me?" Edmund teases with his stupid smirk.

He's always gotten more flirty these past years, it doesn't bother me at all.

"You wish," I say back.

Edmund tries to strike first and I quickly dodge out of the way. He charges again and I block him easily.

"Always the same tricks Ed, When are you going to get new ones?" I taunt with a smirk of my own.

He rolls his eyes at me. This time I go in for a hit, and he blocks it. He pushes his sword so that mine and his are right up against each other. I can slightly feel his breath so I quickly kick his leg so that he falls, making me victorious.

"You lose... again," I say looking down at him with a smirk.

Edmund says nothing then gets this look on his face that says 'I'm about to do something bad