Baby Monkey

(A/N: Thank you for getting this story to 1k reads!! As of posting this chapter. One, to everyone who remembers the above video and the song, I'm sorry for getting it stuck in your head [no I'm not, suffer with me] and two, to those who don't know it, watch it and suffer with us. On another note, did you hear Ben has allegedly had an affair and that Natalie is divorcing him? Like who cheats on anyone, let alone Natalie Portman?! You had a woman way out of your league and cheated, you Megamind forehead weirdo)

Natalie has just got home from work, parking her car in the driveway. She grabs her phone before heading inside.

She hears the song 'Baby Monkey' playing in the living room so she follows the sound. She enters the living room to see Ben on all fours with Y/N on his back, facing backwards. 

The two boys are singing the song as Ben runs around pretending to be a pig, Y/N being the monkey riding backwards on a pig.

Y/N catches a glimpse of his mom and his face lights up. He climbs off Ben's back and starts to run towards her.

"Mommy!"

She bends down, catching him and hugging him as he snuggles close to her, the song ending in the background as Ben stands up.

"Hi baby!"

He smiles looking at her and resting his head on her shoulder as Ben heads towards the door.

"Work called and they need me to come in."

"This late?"

"Yeah."

He kisses her cheek lightly before walking out of the house. She sighs with a sad look on her face before looking down as her son who is snuggled up to her.

"Did you and your dad have fun?"

Y/N nods as Natalie sits on the couch with him, happy to finish early and get to see Y/N before he goes to bed.

"When can I see Kat again?"

Natalie chuckles, Y/N has taken a liking to Kat and always wants to see her again after she took him to work a third time. 

"Tomorrow baby."

"YAY!"

"Someone has a crush on Kat."

Y/N blushes, hiding his face in his mom's neck who laughs rubbing his back. 

"I love you mommy."

"I love you too baby."

"Can we do baby monkey?"

"Of course baby!"

"YES!"

She laughs, playing the video again and getting on all fours. Y/N gets on her back, holding on tight as she runs around and they sing along. Y/N laughing louder than he had with his dad.

After singing the song ten times, Natalie decides to put Y/N to bed. She picks him up from the couch that he had been laying on as he watched the video and ate apple slices. 

"Time for bed mister."

"But I'm not tired."

Y/N rubs his eyes and yawns.

"Sure you're not."

She chuckles as his head rests on her shoulder as they go up the stairs. She decides, she would rather have him in her bed tonight, since Ben hasn't been home at night the past week for work but she suspects other reasons. 

"Would you like to have a sleepover in mommy's room?"

"YEAH!"

She chuckles at his excitement, walking into his room and getting his pjs before walking to her room with Y/N. 

She helps him get out of his clothes and into his pjs before throwing him onto the bed gently as he laughs loudly making her do the same. 

"Little baby monkey."

He smiles, hiding under the covers and moving around in them as Natalie gets changed. Once dressed, she catches the lump in the covers that starts to giggle. 

She pulls back the covers to see Y/N making a goofy face making her smile. She gets into the bed and as soon as her fully body is on the bed Y/N is at her side, snuggling up to her. 

She smiles at him and plays with his hair as she starts to read not noticing Y/N looking up at her with a smile.

He has noticed how his mom gets sad every time his dad leaves late for work. He hates his mom being sad so he does silly things to make her smile. 

"Mommy?"

Natalie looks away from her book to her son's smiling face. 

"Yes baby monkey?"

"You're the best mommy ever and you're my favourite."

Natalie smiles, kissing his head and putting her book away as they both get comfy in the bed. 

"And you are the best boy and monkey in the world."

Y/N giggles.

"And you're my favourite too. Now let's get some sleep so we can see Kat tomorrow."

He smiles, snuggling close to his mom and they both fall asleep with smiles on their faces.