XLVII

A Sacrifice

Danzo's right hand was a gruesome collection of Sharingan eyes, a sight that disgusted all who bore witness, including Sasuke. "How did you get those eyes?" Sasuke's question was accompanied by a deathly glare fixed upon Danzo. "Through various means," Danzo responded calmly, his demeanor unwavering. "Explaining the details would be a lengthy endeavor." hearing his word made Sasuke's eyes grew progressively darker, his hatred for Danzo intensifying.

"Any explanation you provide would likely only further fuel my anger."In an attempt to clear his clouded thoughts, Sasuke closed his eyes briefly. "Forget it. I've already made up my mind to kill you."As Sasuke reopened his eyes, the crimson hue of his Sharingan stared back at Danzo. "But before I do, there's one thing I need to know. Did Itachi Uchiha wipe out my clan on orders from the village elders?" His voice held a mixture of urgency and pain, seeking confirmation about his own brother's actions.

Though Sasuke required one last confirmation about Itachi, Naomi's situation left no room for doubt. The curse mark emblazoned upon her tongue served as indisputable evidence of Danzo's malevolent actions. Danzo offered no response, opting instead to swiftly weave hand seals and launch himself toward Sasuke. His remarkable speed and formidable power were on full display as he aimed to land a punch on Sasuke. However, he had not accounted for the fact that Sasuke had started to master the Susanoo, a powerful Mangekyou Sharingan technique. With a confident demeanor, Sasuke stood his ground, allowing his Susanoo to block the incoming punch effortlessly.

The collision between Danzo's fist and the protective Susanoo shell sent a resounding shockwave through the area. Danzo, clearly taken aback by the Susanoo's presence, quickly retreated to create a safe distance between them. But Sasuke was not about to let Danzo escape so easily. Summoning his Susanoo's immense strength, he extended its ethereal arm and ensnared Danzo within its grasp.

A chilling coldness emanated from Sasuke's eyes as he held Danzo captive. The moment was charged with a tense anticipation as Sasuke's Susanoo exerted pressure on Danzo's body. Danzo struggled to withstand the immense force, his voice wavering as he managed to speak despite the strain. "So, this is the Susanoo." The intensity of the standoff heightened.

Sasuke's voice reverberated with urgency and frustration as he posed his question again. Danzo remained resolute in his silence, a stubborn refusal to divulge the truth. The weight of the unspoken secret hung heavily in the air between them, a toxic brew of curiosity, anger, and betrayal. Danzo's continued silence only fueled Sasuke's rage further. The Uchiha heir was not one to be denied answers, especially when it concerned his past and his brother, Itachi. His demand escalated, and with a surge of power, Sasuke intensified the pressure exerted by his Susanoo, causing Danzo to grimace in pain, his body showing the strain.

Coughing up blood and struggling to breathe, Danzo's determination to keep the secret intact wavered under the immense pressure of the Susanoo. Sasuke's anger radiated off him like a palpable force, his control slipping as he demanded an answer. "Answer me!" Sasuke roared, his emotions driving him to a dangerous precipice. As the tension reached its peak, Naomi's intent to intervene was cut short by a swift exchange of glances between her and Danzo. His message was clear: he still had a handle on the situation and didn't require her intervention at this moment. Though frustrated, Naomi chose to hold back, allowing the confrontation to unfold.

In the midst of this high-stakes exchange, Danzo's voice finally broke through the air, his answer reaching Sasuke's ears. "I didn't think he was that kind of man," Danzo admitted, his voice carrying a mixture of bitterness and resignation. Danzo's words were enigmatic, revealing just enough to confirm Sasuke's suspicions without fully satisfying his thirst for answers.