|chapter 6|

Reigns pov
I walk out of my room to see Rylan and Shane in suits with a big basket of flowers, snacks and gifts.
I just stood there in shock. I've never been treated like this before.
"Surprise!" Rylan and Shane said with a chuckle.
"Omg, thank you guys so so much!" I said on the verge of tears.
"Aww come here," Shane said holding his arms out.
I walked into him and gave him a big hug. Rylan joined from behind and we stood there for about 2 minutes.
I was so grateful for these two people. They did everything they could to make me happy.
They pulled away and looked into my eyes. I was teary eyed by how much they cared for me.
"Let's make this birthday special now. Cmon," Shane said.
I grabbed the basket and put it in my room before we left for dinner.
We exited the house and I sat in shotgun, Rylan was driving and Shane was behind me.
We were driving to this special vip restaurant. I've never been but apparently Shane says that it's really good so I trusted them. I was deep into my thoughts and I started shaking my leg and biting my nails. I have really bad anxiety when it comes to surprises or anything that is hidden from me so I was really nervous. Apparently Rylan noticed because not a moment later I felt a hand on my thigh and I look over to see Rylan smiling at me then looking back at the road. I stopped shaking my leg. Being around these boys made all of my troubles go away. I was really comfortable around them. 25 minutes later we arrived at the restaurant and it looked so fancy. I felt like I wasn't properly dressed because I was just in cargo pants and a crop top while Rylan and Shane were in suits. I felt a little embarrassed but I didn't let it bother me.
Rylans pov
We enter the restaurant and we were greeted by a waitress.
"Hi reservation for Rylan Hwang?" I asked. (A/N:I am Korean and I am aware that it's supposed to be swapped but just bare with me)
"Yea right this way." She said in a flirty manner while reaching to touch me.
I stepped back and I started to get a little uncomfortable. So I whispered to reign.
"Hey did you see that? She is trying to flirt with me.."I whispered.
"Yea, are u uncomfortable? I can act like your gf? If that helps at all?" Reign asked.
"Whatever makes you comfortable I'll do.  Don't want to put you in a situation you don't wanna be in." I said.
"Ok it's fine just act like I'm your girl if she continues." Reign replies.
"Thank you so much!" I said back.
"No problem!" She said.
She walks us to our table and we take a seat. She asks what we would like to drink. "I'll have a water and a coke please." Shane said.
"I'll have a water and a sprite." Reign said.
"I'll have the same as her, thank you" I said.
Reigns pov
She touches Rylan's hand as she leaves and he pulls away. I notice so I hold his hand and put it on the table. He looks over at me and when she left he said "thank you, you don't know how much I appreciate you." He said while looking over at me.
"No problem. If we have to leave then we can, I don't want you to be too uncomfortable. Plus you guys already did enough for my birthday, just wing around you guys is a huge gift for me! I said.
"Thanks for the thought but I want you to enjoy this dinner and not worry about me too much. It's your special day and I wouldn't want anything to ruin it. He said reassuringly.
The waitress came back with our drinks and we started to order our food. When we ordered and she took out menus she's tried to interlock fingers with Rylan. "Look I don't know if you've noticed or not but I have my girlfriend right here so please stop touching me, I would appreciate it." Rylan said.
"Oh but I could definitely treat you better.." she said smiling with a chuckle.
"Look I would take your hands off of my boyfriend if I were you. We're just trying to have a nice dinner so it's either you stop or you can get us another waitress or waiter." I said sternly.
"Seriously just leave my friend alone and do your job. We can get you fired right here and now if you keep continuing."Shane said.
"Oh but you wouldn't.." she said confidently while touching Rylan's arm.
That's when I had enough. I stood up and slapped her across the face.
"Like I said stop touching my boyfriend with your crusty hands." I yelled.
She sat up holding her face and started crying. She ran off to the back. All eyes were on us.
"Cmon let's leave." Shane said.
We all walked out back to the car. I was pissed. I know that Rylan isn't my actual bf but it still made my mad that she had the audacity to touch him like that. I saw how uncomfortable it made him so I had to step in. I felt really bad for Rylan but I don't think that I did the right thing. I just sat there in the car feeling guilty. Before we drove off I asked Shane.
"Shane, can me and you switch?" I asked softly.
"Uhm yea sure." Shane replied confused.
Me and him switched places. Rylan noticed that something was wrong but didn't want to make it worse right now knowing how you could get.

A/N: hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting in a while, I've been really busy and I've been having a bit of a writers block. I will try and post another update today but other than that I hope you all enjoy this book so far! Stay safe, drink water and make sure to eat something today! Love you all!