[ 009 ] this is how we do it.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER NINE !

            A JOYOUS ATMOSPHERE HAD fallen over the group of crash survivors

A JOYOUS ATMOSPHERE HAD fallen over the group of crash survivors. Everyone was dressed in more comfortable clothing, preparing to go to sleep. No one was able to sleep however, instead all of them were feeling giddy for probably the first time since they had crashed.

Music played from the Walkman. Songs that would play over and over on the radio back home, played now. It managed to bring all of them together as they laughed and danced, allowing them all to forget about the shitty situation they were in. If just for the night.

'This is how we do it.' By Montell Jackson blared throughout the small cabin, the man's voice bouncing against the wooden walls and resounding back at the group who all quickly fell into dance formation.

"One. Two. One two three four!" Mari bellowed at the top of her lungs.

All of the girls plus Javi began to wave their arms high up in the air, their hips shaking from side to side. Joy filled laughter spilled out from their lips as they danced to the iconic choreography for the song. Hands and arms twisted in a series of circles as the music continued to play and random calls of different dance moves were performed by the lot.

Off to the side sat Coach Ben, the man unable to participate but watched on with humour painted across his face. Alongside him was the eldest of the Martinez boys, who was too 'cool' to join in himself. Deep down, Travis found himself actually enjoying the atmosphere that had been created, whether or not he decided to show it.

"Go Javi!" Nola excitedly cheered for the boy as he shimmied his way into the centre of the room. Once there, he busted out some dance moves of his own that had them all mirroring him. For a split second the music had been drowned out by the sounds of excited cheers.

Unfortunately for them all, just as the best part of the song began to play, as the chorus trickled it's way through, the Walkman decided to give out. The tune was cut short as the battery seemingly died in that moment.

"Goddamn it." Van complained with a sigh as she glared down at the device. She quickly reached out a hand and picked it up, her eyes scanning it over to find the issue.

Jackie stepped forward while folding her arms across her chest. With an inquisitive look, she questioned, "What happened?"

"I don't know." The Palmer girl replied before bringing her hand down upon the back of the Walkman several times in an shoddy attempt to make it work. "Has hitting something ever fixed it?"