Chapter 44

We are now into the round of 16 with big shockers like no Germany, no Ireland, no Canada. It was quite interesting we were drawn against Nigeria. Which not going to lie scared me, maybe even more, they are good on the ball and fast very fast.

We prepared like normal, we did tactical work and a lot of film on them. We worked on moving the ball fast and quickly we also kept or game of keeping possession because if they can't touch the ball than they can't score.

The day slowly came where we got up and did our normal routines, well mostly me and lessi decided on having some us time outside. We had a little walk, not talking too deep but keeping it light trying to keep our heads clear for later. We even went on a little live on instagram even though we knew back in England or would be very late. But we still had a few thousand people on it which was surprising.

We got back and got ready and had our own personal things prepped and headed towards the bus. We were met with cameras and a lot of people outside the bus. Stopping to do some pictures and sign some autographs.

The bus was really calm , most of us listening to our own music, lotte doing colouring, esme making bracelets. We all had our own thing, I was more basic and was just listening to music.

We got to the stadium a little bit after. We had a good 2 hours till kickoff. We were told the starting team to mentally prepare ourselves and this was it.
                Mary
Lucy, Millie, Leah, Alex
                 Keira
         Georgia, y/n
   Beth, Rachel, hemp

It felt strong, I was quite happy with the lineup obviously it feels nice to start but also it is stressful as I think it's easier to sit in the bench bud of course I want to play. Shortly after we get told the lineup we go for a pitch inspection and get ready for warm up. We went out for warm  up and Nigeria were already there. We were zoned in we felt ready we needed to be ready. Not only for us but for everyone watching.

The warm up felt like it was going on for a while with the noise of people making my head spin. I know I've played with crowds but this feels amazing being here. I'll be okay, it's okay. After the warm up we went back in for a few final words before heading out getting ready in the tunnel.
Before we headed out onto the pitch and sang the national anthem , half the team still said god save the queen instead of king which was funny.

We got into the game quickly, getting in good passes and Keira having an unbelievable game so far. Our first chance happened at 10 mins in when keira sent a lovely long ball over the top to Rachel but she just hits it over the bar. Now Nigeria also had a lot of chances with Mary creating a good highlight real for herself. While I wasn't have a great game I felt like a spectator. Even though I verbally did a lot and helped the team that way, I couldn't get on the ball and do something with it. I felt useless.

Half time eventually came around and I was the last one heading into the dressing room before I felt a little tug on my wrist. I turned around and it was sarina. I looked at her confused.
"Y/n I can see u getting annoyed about not being on the ball and feeling like your watching but believe me your doing a lot more than u think, you naturally leave space for our attacking players and drag defenders with you, you give vocal messages about basic things and are always an option, they know what u can do so they're not leaving much room for u, so keep doing what your doing."
" really ? thank you sarina" I didn't really know what else to say. Before she opens the door to the dressing room we head in and I sit down before she starts talking about basic game plan.
Which wasn't much of a difference for me. Not long later I got tapped on my shoulder. I look up. " you okay?" Lessi asks. I get up and give her a hug while whispering. "Yes thank you" before we go back out. As lessi got subbed on for Rach. And whatever happened to us when we got back onto the pitch was a miracle. We scored 2 goals in 5 mins. One won't strike by Georgia and a little flick of a goal by lessi.

I was subbed off at around 70 mins for Ella. It finished off as a good game. With us winning 2-1. As oshoala scored in the last few mins. Nothing much Mary could do.

It was a nice walk around after and showers before heading back to the hotel. Me and lessi decided to watch the sunset on the beach. It felt nice we talked about the future and stupid things like the colour of our future couch and what size pool will we build. And also a little heated make out session happened but we don't talk about it.....

Unfortunately we aren't rooming together I'm with Lucy today I'm pretty sure. As per usual Lucy goes on about me going to Barca. And whenever Leah is around she will do it more to annoy her which is quite funny.

Now onto the quarter finals in a few days time vs Colombia.

__________________________

Ya sorry about the wait but oh well here's another one. Also book nearly done. How should I end it ??????