3

꧁ The dance ꧂

꧁ The dance ꧂

Manjiro Sano never really cared much for girls and relationships. To him they were just for the faint hearted - a distraction.

So how come couldn't he take his eyes away from the ethereal girl stood before him? The one gleaming in the blue and pink lights than encased the gym.

He watched closely as she slipped away from her supposed 'date' and backed away to the side of the room, weaving her way through the countless couples that mamboed and salsaed on the dance floor, her dress floating charmingly behind her.
She paused and looked around for a moment before locking eyes with the blonde.

Each step she took, he followed along, despite standing on the opposite side of the hall. He was infatuated, entranced. His body moved on it's own.

Soon enough he found himself behind the bleachers of the gym, facing the heavenly girl he'd been admiring from afar and observed as she took a few hesitant steps closer.

"It's funny, I wasn't planning on showing up tonight..." he spoke, refusing to break eye contact.

"You don't like dancing?" She questioned,
her soft delicate voice causing the corners of his mouth to upturn.

"No...I mean, yeah. I like it. I like it a lot, dancing with you. It's just you're..."

"You're not very tall..."

Mikey blinked, a shocked but amused grin taking over his face. "Yeah, I know. You're not either." He mused.
He motioned down to her small stature.

Her elegant smile began to widen as she laughed. "You're not Valhalla?"

"You're just figuring that out?" He rested his hand against the side of the bleachers, leaning ever so slightly closer.

"I couldn't tell from all the way down here," she kidded.

Mikey took a daring step closer, smile widening.
"Is it okay? That I'm not?"

"I-" she studied his face briefly. "I don't know... I've never danced here before.
so... you tell me." She raised her eyebrow in question. "Is it okay?"

Mikey laughed, "There's not much I can do about it..."

With that he leant down, laying his lips softly against hers as she placed her hands lightly on the front of his fresh white shirt.

"Y/n! What are you doing? Get out of there!"

The whisper-like yell of one of the Valhalla girls caused the two to pull apart, the h/c haired girl quickly leaving the the shadowed, discrete spot to join her caller.

The boy watched as she fled, his body subconsciously following behind, not letting her out of his sight.
He let out a breathy laugh at the sound of her name.
"y/n..."

Said girl approached her brother cautiously, lending a guilty smile as he returned a stern look. Hanma's gaze then travelled to the love struck boy behind her. Rolling up his sleeves he stormed over and pushed him back by the chest.

"What where you doing under there with my sister?"

Yuzuha rushed forward attempting to pull her boyfriend back, as y/n frantically copied.

"I didn't mean to disrespect." Mikey told him honestly, raising his hands in the air. He went to approach them again before officer Naoto marched over and shoved the two boys away from eachother.

"Cut it out Hanma! And you-" he turner to face the blonde. "you should know better."

"Hey! I didn't mean to cause anything!" Mikey shouted over to the lanky boy.
"I just wanted to dance with her, man."

Hanma scoffed, running a hand through his hair before sauntering towards him.
"My sister doesn't want to dance with a Toman boy." He spat, "So stay away from her, buddy."

Naoto got between them once more, pointing a warning finger towards the two-tone haired boy.
"Oi, that sounded awfully threatening Hanma!"

Yuzuha span him around in an attempt to bring him back to the dance floor as Draken ran over to Mikey, an annoyed Emma following behind.

She huffed in annoyance, walking over to her brother and slapping him on the arm.
"God Mikey you swore you weren't gonna start anything!"
The boy didn't reply though, he couldn't tear his eyes away from the bewitching girl in the white dress that was being whisked away and lead out the back door by a boy with glasses.

Once he made sure the officer was out of sight, Hanma approached Mikey once again, only for Draken to grab his shoulder and bring him close enough to hear his whispers.

"Let's say we leave," Draken suggested "and you me and my troublemaking buddy over there,we'll 'pow-wow' all friendly like. Yeah?"

Hanma smirked in agreement, a few of his men following him outside to wait for the pair.

"Mike- OI MIKEY!"

Draken scoffed in anger at the sight of his friend running through the door that he had seen the mysterious girl exit earlier.

"Idiot."