Scar's Rise

"But out of the ashes of both lion and cub's death, rises a new era. Lion and heyena will rule together!" roared Scar, and just like one of Nala's nightmares, hundreds of the vile creatures started to spill out of the night.

All the lionesses gasped in horror as they watched the heyenas help themselves to the pile of prey that the lions of pride rock and worked on for weeks. Soon, the only things left were a few bones that gleamed white in the moonlight. Nala felt sick to her stomach. Sarabi, Simba's mom, leaped in front of Scar, who was studying his black claws, sharpening them once or twice on the rock beside him. "You can't do this!" She spat at Scar, but he didn't even look up as he said, "Well, unless you have a cub lying around that isn't dead, please produce him, and he will become king."

Sarabi looked at Scar with a mixture of horror and disgust. "Heyenas, take her away." Scar said dismissaly, flicking a ear at her. As some heyenas started forwards, Sarabi whipped her head around to snap at them. "Nobody touches me!" She hissed, and stalked off. Nala saw a couple scrawny heyenas eyeing her as if she were their mext meal, and she scurried underneath her mother's pale belly, while her mom growled at some of them and snapped at others.

The lionesses formed a tight, protective circle around Nala and her mother, as Nala was the only cub left. She peered under someone's legs, to see Scar still examining his claws. After finally satisfied with his work, Scar drew himself up to his full height, and growled loudly enough for Sarabi to hear over in the cave,

"I will start my reign by making two laws. First off, the lionesses will hunt with two heyena guards per lioness, and every heyena has to be fed before you get the leftovers." All the lionesses gasped at this statement, and the cub heard shouts and growls about how it was unfair. "Life isn't fair." He said with boredom. Nala scurried out from underneath her mom, and out into the open before anybody noticed.

"Life is what you make it!" She squeaked. "If you make it unfair, then it is unfair. And I think that you are a big meanie!" Scar growled, and she ran back to the circle.

" If you are done," he growled at Nala, who was cowering underneath her mother's belly, "Rule number two is that no one shall say the name of Mufassa in my presence. The punish ment for breaking a law? Oh yeah, death."

Thanks for reading! Was it ok? Special thanks to jessica_fennekin for being my first vote and comment!