The Anger of Oasis

Nala moved along the earth as she followed her mother, who was also seemingly floating along the dusty ground. Nala's mom, Oasis, had her ears pricked, and her eyes scanned the undergrowth, trying to detect any life. Suddenly, she spotted a bird, and leaned down to whisper into her daughter's ear, "Look, Nala. A pheasant. Try to get it."

Oasis dropped into a hunting stance, and Nala tried to follow her movements, but her paws felt like they were too big, and her tail kept flicking like a butterfly's wing.

Nevertheless she crept forwards, one paw in front of the other, until she reached pouncing distance. Suddenly an unearthly shriek tore through the air, and the pheasant flew off, but halfway to safety Oasis leaped thru the bushes and killed it. She picked the bird up, then buried it in a pile of dead leaves. The angry lioness glared at the direction of the noise, and Nala followed her gaze to see the heyenas scuffling in the dust, sending up small clouds.

Nala crouched in the long grass as her mother went down to confront the scavengers. Nala couldn't make out what they were saying, but from the tone of voice her mom was using, it didn't sound very good. Oasis was mad, and for Scar that wasn't good. Nala grinned, knowing that Scar didn't stand a chance when it came to her big, powerful mom.

When Oasis started to stalk towards Pride Rock in a meaningful, angry way, Nala followed. For some reason though, she followed her mom at a distance, hiding in the tall grasses. When Oasis reached the cave, she stormed in without bothering to let Scar know that she was there. Nala peeked around the corner to see hundreds of heyenas watching her mom hungrily, and as Oasis stalked up the rock that was Scar's throne, she dove at him, her paws outstretched, claws glinting in the little amount of light.

She clawed him, blow after blow landing on his small frame, but the heyenas were in numbers. They leaped up to defend their king, and tore off Oasis. They all pinned her down as Scar slowly got up. He checked his claws for imperfections, and leaned down and whispered in her ear. But Nala had the hearing of a lioness, and she caught Scar's words. But his short phrase made her blood run cold.

"I just cleaned my claws. It is a pity I will have to choke them up with your blood." And with that, he---Nala couldn't watch, but she screamed, and ran out of the cave.

Nala ran and ran, until she bumped into a wall of fur. Thru her tears, she saw Sarabi looking down on her with confusion. Nala buried her head in her fur, as Sarabi stroked her back with a huge paw.

"Shhh, it's okay. It's okay, Nala. Can you tell me what happened?"

Nala looked up, blinking back tears, and stuttered, "M-m-mama is d-d-d-dead. Sc-Scar k-k-killed he-er-r-r."
.........................................................................................
Hey everyone! I'm not great at death scenes for animals, but that was (believe it or not) supposed to be sad. Comment, vote, or share this if you liked it! :)