Swallow The River Lethe

In December of three years later, now twenty-one years old, Sunghoon is ready to take the throne. The time from the death of the previous rulers had passed quickly, and the time had come for the rightful heir to take the reins of the kingdom.

It was early in the morning and Sunghoon was walking alone up and down his room waiting for the servants to come and prepare him and dress him for the coronation.

He was nervous and sighed deeply to try to calm down a little. A thousand unanswered questions tormented him and he did everything he could to suppress his strongest emotions.

«I hope to succeed and that this fateful moment will pass quickly. I will never forgive myself if someone knows this.»

«Everything will be fine Sunghoon, stop worrying and enjoy your day together with your beloved brother.»

«Thank goodness Jake is you! What a fright. You could have knocked at least.»

Jake, his personal assistant, burst into laughter, after laying on a piece of furniture nearby the ceremony clothes for the prince and the coronation items.

«What's so funny, huh?» Sunghoon chuckled slightly.

«Nothing, don't worry. I'll help you get ready.»

The prince caught up with the assistant and hugged him tightly. When they came off, he messed up his fluffy blond hair with one hand.

«And w-what was that for?» Jake asked stunned.

«For pulling me out while I drowned in the stormy sea of my thoughts, blond.»

Both smiled looking into each other's eyes.

«Is my brother already awake?»

«No, not yet. As soon as I'm done with you, I'll wake him up. Let him sleep for now.»

After that, Jake helped the prince put on the fine clothes for the feast, and to relieve him of his agitation he made a simulation of the coronation ritual.

Jake watched him scrupulously to check that every detail was in his place and smiled proud of his work.

«You are perfect my Prince. Or should I call you my King?»

«Well, it's always better than hearing people calling me 'the infamous Ice Prince'.»

His expression became darker, his smile faded, his gaze lowered and a veil of ice made its way on the scepter starting from the contact between his hand and the metal. Jake took his hands and sighed.

«You'll have to be calm, nothing will happen. Use my gloves if you want to be safer.»

The blond put his white silk gloves on the trembling hands of the other, who immediately felt more comfortable.

«Now go to the hall where the courtiers await you Sunghoon. I'll go to your brother in the meantime.»

The prince nodded with a tiny smile, finally exiting his room after all that time.

The assistant instead went to wake up Jay. He knocked and heard him snoring. He smiled and then opened the door slowly.

«Good morning Prince Jay. It's time for you to wake up, today is the great day of your brother's coronation that will be held during the afternoon. I don't think you wanna lose it.»

The other complained that he had to wake up from his sweet sleep. It took a few minutes to realize what the blond, still standing there, had just said.

«WHAAAT!! What time is it?! But why didn't you wake me up first, damn!»

He stood up with his hair completely ruffled and jumped out of bed to freshen up and get dressed properly, jumping for joy because he would meet Sunghoon again and they could be together like when they were children.

He was coming down the stairs and already there was the festive atmosphere in the castle. He entered the room where the ritual would take place and looked for only one person : his brother. He ran and rushed on the elder hugging him.

«Sunghoon-hyung you don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment!»

«Jay, my brother! Finally I can hold you again!»

It seemed they hadn't seen each other for centuries and that contact was special for both of them who, left alone for a long time, missed each other a lot.

On the occasion of this event, for the first time the palace was open to the people and many were invited.

The people present were entertained in pleasant conversations of many topics and they also spoke willingly with the two brothers.

The official coronation ceremony began and continued wonderfully, with Jake's support.
The eldest was quieter, but there was still a shadow of fear, so he had to be very cautious.

Sunghoon with the crown was just amazing. Those precious diamonds made him even more ethereal and solemn than he already was.

After the guests had returned to chat Jay met a rather young man, tall and decidedly elegant and seductive. Their gazes chained. This had caught Jay off guard and made him think it was the classic love at first sight.

«I am Nishimura Riki, prince of the Cherry Blossom Islands.» He said in a deep, enveloping voice and then made a bow to take the other's hand.

The two immediately began to know better and like each other. Sunghoon noticed it and thought he wouldn't care too much due to the commitments he had already in his early days as a King. Riki asked to stay some more at the royal castle as a guest and was gladly accepted. This allowed him to get close to Jay and spend time in his company.

One evening, the two were talking together on the large balcony of Riki's magnificent room. He was a nice guy, two years younger, and he was particularly into Jay.

At one point he turned to look into his eyes.

«Listen Jay, I wanted to ask you something. I hope it's not soon for you.»

«Tell me Riki.»

«Well...» he grabbed his hands, smiling, and twisted their fingers, making the oldest skip a beat.

«Will you marry me, Jay Park?»

«Oh my God...» he stopped for a moment to reflect, then a brilliant smile appeared on his face.

«Yes, I will.»