But Here You Are

Sunghoon and Jake were the first to reach the ice castle, so they could find out the origin of that voice the King had heard. Jake searched far and wide, but no sign of unusual presence.

«Your Majesty, I haven't seen anything weird. There's only...ice.»

The King smiled at the funny expression of the blond, who in that instant looked like a child.

They thought to stop their research when Sunghoon noticed a silk handkerchief with a shade that made it look like a pearl. He picked it up and opened it, discovering that inside it contained a soft white feather with golden veins.

«Jake, come and take a look at what I just found!»

«Then someone was here, and you didn't even realize it.»

«Who knows why he left this.» he said thoughtfully, then gasped, hearing noises coming from outside.

«I think we won't be alone, Jake.»

The two approached further and went on the defensive, waiting for anyone who might appear at any moment. And then he showed up.

Riki made his entrance into the room. He was walking like a model, showing that he was superior. He stopped, opened his arms wide and all around it became darker. From his hands he released black and vermilion smoke that colored the surrounding air.

The King hoped with all his heart that he would not become like the last time; he moved Jake behind him to protect him.

Riki slowly moved forward, smiling and holding his eyes, glowing red, fixed on the icy eyes of Sunghoon, in defiance. The tension was palpable in the air.

«Your beloved little brother died because of you. Now I just have to finish you once and for all, you can't escape.»

The other had to strive to draw back tears, even if he did not believe a single word he uttered.

«Shut the fuck up, Riki, nobody wants to hear your miserable lies.»

«Really?» he asked with a mocking tone, then laughed and licked his lips. His laughter made him shiver.

He reached the top of his fury and unleashed his smoke in the direction of Sunghoon, who promptly hurled his ice at him. The two powers collided, creating a spark and then turning off. The snowstorm outside the castle suddenly subsided.

They were about to launch another attack when a boy with silvery locks and blue eyes showed up where they were.

«Jungwon!» Sunghoon heard Jake shouting behind him.

«How do you know him?» the King asked coldly.

«A childhood friend, we lived in the same village.»

Sunghoon observed him as if to study him but was soon interrupted by the arrival of other people : his brother and Sunoo.

At the sight of Jay he took a breath of relief, thanking he had not really died. But he was worried that he looked moribund and his hair was all white.

Jungwon and Jay run towards each other and hug like there was no tomorrow.

During these moments of distraction, Riki took the opportunity to draw his favorite dagger. Long, sharp, shiny, and with the hilt covered with spinels. He was raising it ready to stab the king in the back.

'I'm curious if someone will sacrifice for you, or you will, monster.' said Riki to himself, eyes on the target.

One second before the weapon lowered, someone grabbed the blade with their hand, blocking its action.

«Stop, Niki!»

He stopped hearing this exclamation, as if he had become stone. Although he kept his eyes down, he felt that everyone had turned to look at him as they pulled away, except for the one who had immobilized him. What shocked him most was being called Niki. No one used to address him using that name, except one person.

«S-Sunoo, is it you?»

Riki felt tears in his eyes as he lifted them to meet Sunoo, who was also about to cry.

The elder of the two still held a hand tight around the blade of the dagger, from whose tip numerous drops of blood fell copiously. With the other, he wiped the tears that fell on Riki's cheeks and smiled warmly.

«Niki, I told you that one day fate would have made us meet again...»

«...and stay together forever. Yes, I remember, I missed you so much Sunoo. I thought I couldn't see the light again without you, my life was losing color.»

The dagger fell loudly. Riki had left him to hang Sunoo's face between his hands, bring him closer and join his lips moistened with tears in a graceful kiss, while the other was clinging to his shoulders.

«No one can ever separate us, my beloved.»

«You are my life, Sunoo.» they said softly. Then the two disappeared in a flash of blinding light.

Sunghoon, unlike the others, had not been touched that much by the scene, his mind was invaded by the state of his brother.

Jay, increasingly pale and weak, was lying on the ground in the embrace of Jungwon, who exchanged looks with Jake, who was next to him.

The King knelt to take his brother's hand. When his eyes, blurry because of crying, met Jay's, could not help but cause him despair.

The prince stroked Sunghoon's head, then moved his hand towards Jungwon's face.

«I love you Jay Park.»

Jungwon kissed the prince for a long time. They both held together, as if they were afraid they might vanish. The King was a little upset, he was afraid that yet another stranger Jay fell in love with could hurt him. It wasn't easy to win his trust after all he'd been through.

He was getting nervous with all that romance, he wasn't used to it. However, there was something that caught his eye. Jay's complexion returned to normal and his hair darkened.

«I love you too Wonie, forgive me for having understood it so late.»

Jungwon smiled cheerfully, showing two small dimples and making the prince laugh, who was now healed.

«Jay you are safe! How is it possible?» said the brother amazed and relieved while the other embraced him.

«Hyung, I was so scared of dying!»

«So, he's the one?» asked the major, looking at Jungwon.

«Yes, the one and only capable of saving me and that will accompany me for the rest of my life.» he turned to give a quick kiss to Jungwon and take his hand.

On Sunghoon's face appeared a beautiful smile, as he was proud of his lil brother.

«Hyung, now we're going home, you should come too, people await our return.»

«Go ahead, we'll join you a little later, if you don't mind.» So Jay and Jungwon set off on their way home.

«My Lord, why don't you follow your brother? You should return to the kingdom.»

«I wanna give 'em some space.»

Jake looked at Sunghoon, convinced that he was saddened because he was alone, now that his brother had found his soulmate. He wanted to go and comfort him, but someone grabbed his wrist. He turned and saw a beautiful boy with ashy hair who, holding his finger to his lips, asked him to be silent.

He took two steps forward to wrap his arms around Sunghoon's slender waist from behind, resting his head on his shoulder. The King didn't move an inch. It couldn't have been Jake, because the blond was shorter than him and couldn't hold him like that.

«Who are you?»

«I'm Lee Heeseung, your Guardian.» he said in a quiet, caressing voice, the same one Sunghoon heard that time.