Full Of Darkness

The journey was rather long and a bit difficult. Jay got tired easily, as he had never traveled so far on foot. He had left his horse at the inn, because taking it with him would soon be recognized.

Jungwon, who noticed he was tired, asked him to stay on his reindeer and he said yes before he had finished the sentence. He fell asleep while the gruff ice salesman walked holding the animal's reins.

Jungwon was constantly on alert. It was late night and extremely cold, the darkness had taken over except for that dim glow that rose from the white snow on the ground. Only their breaths were heard. There was too much silence and it was getting strange, suspicious.

It occurred to the boy that, probably, anyone could come out from behind tree and attack them. In fact, he kept looking back and listening to every little noise.

They were getting closer to an imposing mountain, which Jungwon knew as the Northern Mountain. Perhaps they could find him there, he thought. Suddenly a faint light trail created a path in the snow and the prince woke up.

«If we follow it I'm sure it'll lead us straight to your brother.» Jay nodded, rubbing his eyes.

«Did you sleep well?»

«Yes, more or less. I needed it to rest my mind. Anyway I'm always so worried. For my brother, for the kingdom, for Riki.»

«Calm down a bit. Who is this Riki now?»

«I temporarily entrusted the regency of the kingdom to him. He is the prince of the Cherry Blossom Islands and I met him during my brother's coronation ceremony. He was a guest, but since that day we've fallen in love, so we told to Sunghoon we wanted to get married. Then we had a terrible discussion, things degenerated and the catastrophe that you see happened, as well as his escape in front of everyone.»

«I see. You must have done him a great wrong, apparently.»

«I don't know. Maybe he saw something I wasn't able to see.» Jay sighed and fell silent again.

«We're almost there.»

The trail stopped in front of an ice bridge over a deep cliff that, once crossed, led to a majestic castle made entirely of ice. The two looked at it, amazed by such a wonder.

«Wow, is this really his doing?»

«It's so beautiful.»

They crossed the bridge carefully and reached the other side, where the palace was. They entered and finally saw Sunghoon from behind. He wore a very light white blouse fluttering, with white and silky trousers and ankle boots in a silvery tone.

«Hyung, we found you!» Sunghoon suddenly turned, surprised.

«Jay! What are you doing here?»

«Sunghoon, you must go back immediately, you cannot abandon everyone. Come home with us.»

«No Jay, now this is my home, I'm still afraid to hurt my people.»

«Please brother, don't leave me.»

«No! I said I can't!»

Sunghoon's icy eyes glowed, once again lost control, and inadvertently struck his brother in the heart with his powers. The prince lost his balance and before he fell Jungwon held him tight.

«Jay! Are you okay?!»

«Get out of this place before it gets too late!»

The other two escape instantly, although Jay tried to free himself from Jungwon's grip, which drags him away.

The King fell to his knees as tears rolled down his cheeks and held his head in his hands, frightened by what had happened and convinced he was a threat.

The ice walls of the hall reflected an annoying red glow surrounding Sunghoon. He also heard whispers coming from every corner. First, no words were heard, then they became clearer.

The voices said the same sentence: "Sunghoon, you are nothing but a despicable being. You are a monster."

He could no longer resist. Listening to this repeatedly was wearing him out inside.

«No, you are not a monster.»

He heard an unknown voice that made him look up.

«Who is speaking?»

However, no answer. He saw no shadow, so he did not know who it could be. It was a gentle, reassuring voice, never heard before.

Meanwhile, Jay and Jungwon ran away quickly with the reindeer, getting as far away as possible from the ice castle.

«J-jungwon I feel s-so cold.»

The boy, who was holding Jay to prevent him from slipping, felt under his hands he was shaken by a strong tremor and wrapped him with a heavy fur. Later, the prince's hair began to turn very light gray.

So Jungwon took him to the Great Healers, hoping that they'd be able to heal him again. Sunoo examined the situation and explained this time, having been hit in the heart, Jay would become completely frozen and only an act of true love could save him.

«Jungwon, take me to Riki, I'm begging you.»

Jay and Jungwon rush back to the kingdom, believing that Riki was able to save him.

Riki, informed of Jay's disappearance, was on his way to Sunghoon's palace with some soldiers to find the two brothers. He managed to break through all the barriers and enter quietly.

Sunghoon was still kneeling and trembling, his hands falling down his sides and wet eyes.

Riki and his soldiers took him violently and carried him back by force as he struggled to prevent them from taking him, but he failed.

«Now you'll have some fun seeing the cells of your beautiful castle, my dear King.»

They arrested Sunghoon, locking him in the dungeons of the kingdom. The environment was cramped and icy. The chains on his wrists had already caused him bleeding wounds. The cuts and lashes he had received from Riki in an attempt to make him stop the perennial winter were dyeing his white shirt in dark and dense red.

Soon after, he heard keys rattling and the metal door opening. The King looked up to see who it was, but he would have preferred not to. Riki approached him slowly, ducking down to talk to him.

«Then you don't want to put an end to the sufferings of your people and stop this hell, huh?»

«I d-don't know how.»

«I don't believe it, you're just telling lies, monster! I'll show you now!»

He grabbed his shoulders firmly and his eyes lit red. Sunghoon trembled in fear and opposed the other, who was much stronger.

«Don't touch me! Leave me!»

«Why don't you use your powers to defend yourself from me?» Riki laughed maliciously as a perverse smile appeared on his face, revealing two long canines.

Then his eyes turned scarlet, he removed the shirt from Sunghoon's shoulder and sank his fangs into his flesh numerous times, drinking until he felt full.

The other was distraught and weakened, hurting everywhere, and he wanted it all to end. When Riki got up and left, a warm tear came down and then he passed out, exhausted.