So Dangerous

One day Jay and Riki were walking around the castle quietly when they came across Sunghoon, who was doing his chores.

«Can we talk to you for a moment or are you busy?»

«Tell me brother.»

«Riki and I would like to get married and our wish would be to receive your blessing.»

«Jay, are you crazy? You barely know each other, but do you realize how absurd it is?»

The king was getting nervous and his tone of voice tougher.

«Oh yes? Are you saying that I can't live my own life with all those years I spent locked up in a goddamn room because of you?!»

Sunghoon was furious and could feel his blood boiling in his veins.

«You should listen to me, brother, and not make rash decisions. And by the way, don't think I've spent these years better than you, what's worse here is me. You don't have the problems I have to deal with, you don't have a curse that gives you magical powers and you don't have to carry the responsibilities of a King!»

After uttering these words, Sunghoon grabbed his head with one hand because of a twinge and closed his eyes. Suddenly he unleashed his powers in front of everyone leaving them speechless and terrified.

The ice was everywhere, he had lost control because of the discussion. Riki kept staring at him with a sharp look, holding Jay's hand.

«Hyung, what did you do?»

The oldest began to panic. He looked around, breathing fast, and he saw people with an expression of contempt. His eyes were burning and he felt something warm on his face.

«I-it's not my fault.»

«You're a monster, that's what you are.» Riki said harshly.

«How dare you address me in this way?! As if I were a poor fellow similar to you!»

Sunghoon immediately ran out of the castle and froze when he saw that his entire kingdom had fallen into a harsh and everlasting winter. He got dizzy when he realized what he had done. So he decided that the best solution could only be one.

He whistled at the icy wind, his black frisian stallion arrived and he climbed up to escape from that hell of ice. He rode for a long time, letting tears come down, now that no one could see him anymore.

Soon a beautiful feeling of freedom, lightness and security invaded him and he enjoyed the ride on his fast steed, breathing in the cold air and making it penetrate to his bones. That really made him feel better.

Then he saw the perfect place to hide : the Northern Mountain, it was like his natural habitat. Freed for the first time from all the constraints and his fears, he decided to give full vent to his powers : he built a huge and beautiful ice castle. A real work of art, a refuge inhabited by him and himself.

At the end of his work he smiled with satisfaction and went to his horse to place him somewhere in his palace.

«Tornado, come here!» the stallion reached him at a trot and rubbed his face against his chest.

«Now it's you and me, no one will be able to find and judge us.»

He petted the animal, giving it a blanket and food, relaxing. However, still a thought remained fixed in his mind. He didn't want to see his brother with Riki, he was afraid that things wouldn't go right, he didn't trust him.

Meanwhile Jay decided to reach his brother. He was the King, he couldn't abandon his people like that.

«Riki, I'll go in search of Sunghoon to bring him home and save us, but the throne cannot remain vacant. So I entrust you with the regency of the kingdom. I hope I've chosen the right person.»

«Trust me Jay, there was no more correct thing you could do, it's in good hands.»

Jay sighed, Riki took his hands and reassured him. Then they separated to fulfill their duties.

Jay covered himself with a heavy cloak, took his white horse and left to look for his brother. The cold was terrible and he was getting very worried. First for the condition of his hyung, but also because he had no idea how to reach him. The traces were lost in the stratified snow.

On the way, Jay had to stop for supplies and warm up. He found a small inn and sat for a few hours.

There were some people like him who were resting and sheltering themselves from the snowstorm. He noticed that a guy was filling a bag with carrots. This one had silver threads that lit his dark hair and made Jay curious.

«Hey sorry, why are you taking all those carrots? What are they for? Don't tell me you're gonna eat 'em.»

The other turned and looked at the prince.

«They are for my reindeer, otherwise what do you think it'll eat?»

Jay was a little surprised by this detached response. He seemed to have annoyed him in some way.

«May I ask your name?»

«My name is Yang Jungwon. I'm an ice salesman and I grew up with the Great Healers tribe. And you, boy?»

The prince felt a strange new feeling growing inside him. No one had ever called him just 'boy'. He wasn't able to look Jungwon in the eye, but then he found a shred of courage and spoke.

«I am Prince Jay Park, second son of the royal family, brother of the current King Park Sunghoon.»

«So what are you doing here? They kicked you out because you're the cadet son?»

Jay was deeply surprised by the frankness of the other. In fact, he stood there while reworking the words he had just heard.

Jungwon slowly walked closer to him and snapped his fingers in front of his eyes, awakening him to the unexpected trance.

«Good morning little prince, don't you answer?»

«Yes, yes excuse me. I actually have a problem. My brother has magical powers-»

«I already know that. I know your brother well, and now I recognize you because the leader of the Healers, Sunoo, saved you in the past when Sunghoon accidentally hit you with ice.»

«What? How...? I don't remember this.»

«Of course. This memory was erased.»

«I can't believe it.»

«Yeah, just like that. So, you want to tell me what you do here all alone? You could be in danger, you know?»

«Sunghoon caused an endless winter because he lost control of his powers and fled far away. But he is the king, he cannot leave his kingdom. So I am looking for him.»

Jungwon looked at Jay for a couple of minutes, then took everything he needed.

«I will guide and accompany you, Jay. After all, you need someone to protect you. You can't go unnoticed when you are a prince.»