Part 8: Secret Discoveries

He knew he was attracted to her from day one .... his heart would always flutter at her presence around him.... her fragrance would be a soothing breeze of freshness whenever they shared a close proximity.... was it called love? .... was it love at first sight? .... but wasn't that something he always thought of as falsity? .... Of course she was beautiful and always aroused him with the very sight of her ... but the attraction that he always felt towards her questioned him about his own desires .... he would steal glances of her at every single opportunity he got, that would often make him wonder about his own feelings about his wife.... To him, life partners should not be connected through physical attraction only... there should be more than that... was he able to identify those connections? ....

He was always skeptical about falling in love .... Saba api and Maryam would always tease him in parties about girls who would be somehow connected to their relatives but he never showed interest as he found all of them to be very fast and flirtatious and he hated those shameless girls...but again she stood apart from everyone.... unaffected by his charms.... as if she was creating a tall steel fence around her zone, where love did not have any space for registration.... Speaking of love, he witnessed the worst of it.... that took away the life of one of his beloved ones .... and he knew he could never let himself loose.... he would never fall in love as he thought to himself...

The musical sound of her laughter again brought him out of his thoughts.... taking a spoonful of his favorite biryani into his mouth, Murtasim watched her struggling with settling Emad on the high chair as his little bud refused to let go of his wife when his eyes caught the sight of him clutching onto the neckline of her suit while two tiny legs could barely clasp around her waist...as if she was his lifeline... "You need to let go of mimmi my love.... I need to feed you" she giggled.... "Naan naan naan naaaannnnaa" he whimpered with a scream when she broke into a laugh watching him clutching onto her like a koala bear... wrapping her arms around his bottom and head, she held him against her chest and dropped a kiss on his head.... "You are my cute little koala bear" Meerab stated.... She was undoubtedly a product of pure love.....

"Hmmm....here.." Murtasim gestured towards his left thigh as he chewed on his food.... Meerab did not waste a single moment before placing Emad on her husband's left thigh, allowing Murtasim to wrap his left arm around his tiny tummy to hold him steady.... Sitting on his bud's lap, the little one enjoyed the mashed vegetable and chicken soup from his Mimmi while playing with his bud's wristwatch.... life was yummy as the little Emad thought.... while his big bud was in his own exploring paradise, openly staring at his wife, who was busy feeding a tiny creature, totally ignoring his merciless intense gaze....every time her ignorance would increase his desire by a factor of infinity... and he realized he desperately needed to conquer her....

*************************

Sitting on the sofa in her bedroom, she rested both her hands on her crossed knees, allowing the lady to complete the last design of the heena on her hands... "Api, that's enough...it's so boring... I can't feel my hands anymore..." Meerab whined .... "Ya Allah, girls get so excited to put heena on their hands especially on wedding occasions and you are one weird piece that finds it boring" Saba laughed.... "Ok, we won't go beyond the elbows.... Please let her go..." she gently instructed the lady who obliged ..... "You take some rest... and then come out... Fatima dadi is here ...she wanted to meet you" Saba did not miss the nervousness and chuckled before she got off to leave... "Don't worry, I got your back" and both the girls giggled at the comment...and His heart skipped a beat as soon as his eyes fell on her....it seemed like the sound of her laughter would always calm his inner turmoil, the untold haunted torment....

"How was your day?" his sister asked with a smile... Murtasim just nodded with a half smile... Saba felt the misery inside him as she rested her left hand on his heart, soothing him... "... love you... " placing his right hand on top of hers, he whispered.... one person he knew would always see through him without a word ... Saba smiled as she affectionately patted his right cheek with her left hand before leaving a gentle peck on his heart... "...Always..." she reassured when he dropped a kiss on her head before her leaving the room ..... on the other hand his wife quietly witnessed the affection between the siblings ..... something that was not missed by her.... something secretive she felt...