Chapter 3

"Am I.. am I here..?" Abram says, stopping on the snowy ground as he looks forward at the snowy mountains that are now covered up completely by a strange fleshy substance. There were nest made of flesh all over the ground and the ground completely changed by this flesh, as it grew over it. Abram turns back, he sees the destroyed buildings all lined up around the city that once stood there, now gone. The place was abandoned, Moscow was completely ravaged by the 610 disease that was dropped down all those years ago but the Engineer, "Is this all that is left...?" He says as he looks at the ground completely covered and destroyed landscape. The place looked like a battlefield, with even the ground itself accommodating to such a atmosphere. Not a single person laid within the battlefield, as it was covered by the disease and now rotting with the sun's rays shining down on the ground, "This can't be it.." He collapsed on the ground, in despair as he does, "Why are we still here... Why? Just to-... Just to suffer?" He looks up at the landscape, "Where is everyone... Where have they gone?" He says.

He suddenly feels a hand on his shoulder, "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." Abram looks behind himself up at the individual who had touched his shoulder. It was a man wearing a metal mask with heavy amounts of military gear on him. The masks has the eyes completely blacked out, and most notably was a large cross written on white paint on the chest, and a necklace with a cross.

"You're.."

"Abram, lay aside your sins. There is still time, repent to the Lord. A great battle awaits us here, one greater than any other that has ever been." Luke says.

"Battle..?"

"There are these.. signs, these things, they've come together to form a mass scale strike coming in from the West. We suspect that the abominations- that there are millions, billions.. billions of them attacking today, right here, any second. All of them from across the world are attracting together towards this one spot. All of them."

"A.. all?"

"Every last one of them. Abram, lay aside your sin, I don't care what you did.. you can change it. There is always time as long as you're in this world, always time to change."

"L- Luke.. I can't change, I'm too far gone. There is no light in me."

"Abram, it's not about the light in you, it's about your faith. Believe the Lord, fight for him... Save the world."

Abram grabs his gun, "I'll be with you." He says, getting up and following Luke towards the buildings where there were thousands of other people that were preparing for the mass scale attack, putting down machine gun nest, traps, barricades. As he walks through the road in between the torn down buildings, a man approaches him. The man stood there looking at Abram for multiple seconds before raising his finger.

"You're.. that young man from, long ago." The man says in a old voice.

"You know me? From where.." Abram says, cautiously grabbing his gun.

"It's me, Paul..." The man says.

"Paul? Paul.. you're.."

"You thought I was dead, but I'm still here. Been here with these guys, and now.. my time is coming soon. And today.. today may as well be the day I give my life for Christ."

"How have you lived this long.. how old are you?"

Paul chuckles, "God wanted me to live this long, for this moment. To go out in a final bang, giving my life to him. Yes, I know today is the day." Paul says.

"You.. know what I did?"

"We know. Truth is.. some may not forgive you, but if we cannot forgive even one person, then we don't belong in heaven with our Father."