The North Remembers

The next update will take longer because I haven't finished all the edits.

Chapter 11. The North Remembers

The screen had gone as white as snow as the last feed ended. The people present in the room sat in astonished silence, having just witnessed the birth of what they believed to be creatures of the old. "Dragon's fly again," Rhaegar said in stunned awe. He could not believe his baby sister would be able to do something that their mad father and those before him have tried so hard to do and fail in horrible ways. Ned and Robert looked at each other and shared meaningful glances yet were on opposite sides of the spectrum. Ned still believed killing Daenerys would be the dishonorable thing to do while Robert just wanted her dead. But both were sure on one thing, 

Cersei and her eldest mad bastard needed to be dealt with swiftly. Jaime stood in silence, still going through the memories of the future version of himself had collected in this very room. Tywin was silently fuming at the work of his foolish daughter and her bastard son, neither was getting his support for they had tarnished the Lannister name. Jaime he was not sure what he would do to him yet. Mance and Jeor were conversing heavily on how the threat beyond the wall was not the free folks and how the free folks could be useful to the men of the wall once they were allowed safe passage before they joined the growing army of the night king. The people from the future though did not say much or have much to discuss since this was still in their past.

Before they could settle down, Sky appeared in a flash of bright light and stood in front of them with a hard look on his face but his eyes had a playful twinkle in them. _"So you have seen the first year of the starting of this disaster"_ he said in a deep voice as the rest nodded. _"Now I would be sending a few of you back and when I do, you know what to do. But be warned, do not interfere with the birth of the dragon for that would bring your demise far swifter than you can ever imagine" he said the last few lines looking straight at Robert who seemed to not like the instructions but nodded in understanding, as did the others from the past. Sky nodded and clicked his fingers as Robert Baratheon disappeared from the room, "He is not needed for this next part. Ned you might be dead but you still have ways you can be of help. And Rhaegar and Lyanna..you are here to know what it is your families do and how big of a player they are for the future, even though knowing would do no good for you two since you are dead" he said. Most just nodded thinking that he was talking about the Stark children and Danaerys, but Ned, Catelyn, Lyanna and Rhaegar knew there was one exception to all this, Jon Snow. Sky disappeared and the screen behind him turned pitch black before a new scene opened up.

Lord Commander Jeor Mormont's rangers arrive at Craster's Keep having passed several abandoned wildling villages. Jon Snow, Grenn, Dolorous Edd and, Samwell Tarly are repulsed by Craster, who has many wives, most of whom are also his own daughters, but who seemingly has no sons.

"Disgusting," Catelyn said with pure venom in her voice. She did not like this Crasterfor defiling the purity of relations. "That he is my lady. But he provides us with much help beyond the wall, so we look the other way," Jeor grumbled. Catelyn nodded her head in understanding but she did not like it one bit.

Craster tells Jeor that he has not seen the missing Benjen Stark and reports that the other wildlings are assembling for the King-Beyond-the-Wall Mance Rayder. Jon challenges their host, who is low and crude, but is demanding and demeaning when he is talking to the noble Commander Mormont. When Craster refers to them as southerners, Jon argues with him. Jeor reprimands Jon, noting that Craster may be disgusting, but the Night's Watch needs him. His information and shelter in the harsh conditions north of the Wall have helped them many times before. Mormont asks Jon if someday he wants to lead and tells him that first he needs to "learn how to follow."