Calm Before the Storm

We're spending a few days in Synchro. This chapter is going to be like a filler, a little bonding time between the Yu boys. Then it's going to get tougher from here. Hope you. like it!

"Boys?" Yuya and Yugo were awakened by Ryou's gentle smile as he called out through the door. "Breakfast is ready. Almost everyone is downstairs, so come and join us," he said before leaving the room.

Yugo stretched and glanced around. "When did we end up in my room?"

"In the middle of the night, by us, though we didn't actually know it was your room." Both magicians materialized. Stargazer was dressed in his civilian clothes, but what drew the boys' attention was Timegazer. The man wore black slacks with a red button-down shirt rolled up to his elbows. His auburn hair was no longer spiked due to being out of his hat; instead, it fell in a shoulder-length, side-swept style. Where his gauntlet usually was, he now wore a gold watch with the Millennium Eye carved in the center with Roman numerals. "Good morning, you two," Timegazer said, smirking, which was visible since he wasn't wearing his red mask.

"Toki! You look amazing!" Yuya exclaimed, hopping out of bed. He walked up to Timegazer and poked him in the stomach. "When did this happen? How are you able to stay solid without the Millennium Necklace? Why didn't you tell us?"

Stargazer pointed at the watch. "Yesterday, after the whole memoryscape incident, Toki still had the necklace on, but while he used the Eye, it morphed into his gauntlet. While you four were chatting, we were testing it out and realized that the Eye also allows him to stay solid. It seemed that we can also change the items' forms," he said as he pulled out his own necklace. The Millennium Necklace transformed into a regular gold chain with the North Star in the center of a compass and the Millennium Eye etched in the middle. "Pretty cool, huh?" He let it down as he finished explaining, "We suspect that after both items were triggered together – you see, the Millennium Eye can see into a person's soul, and with Toki using it while fused with his time ability to see a memory, it might have also triggered the Millennium Necklace, which can also see the past. I don't know how to explain it; honestly, I might be confusing you two more. Either way, we are both able to be tangible and since we changed their forms, it won't be as pronounced, meaning we could be able to hide them better if someone tried to take them from us."

"And it wasn't like I was going to keep it a secret," Timegazer said, crossing his arms. "I just needed to be certain it wasn't a one-time thing in case something happened. I gotta keep your ass safe somehow."

"Eh. Rude." Yuya pouted as he looked at Timegazer. He then had a questioning look in his eye. "You think the Time Reversal move will work?"

"Still haven't tested it."

"...Can we—"

"No."

"Damn." Yuya crossed his arms and turned away from his guardian, making Timegazer roll his eyes.

Yugo stood slightly awkward, trying not to intervene when Stargazer patted his head. "I am grateful to hear we have another member in our family, Yugo. I know we weren't here for most of your discussion as we wanted you guys to talk it out amongst yourselves, but we did hear you all. I hope we can get to know each other more, and you'll find us safe to be around."

The boy smiled, "I guess this means I'm being adopted?"

"Can't really say adopted," Timegazer said as he grabbed Yuya in a headlock. "More like coming home? I don't know. In the meantime, let's go downstairs; you two must be hungry and from the sound of it, you two might be the last to show."

The four made their way downstairs, with Yugo sharing more about himself at Stargazer's request. Once they entered the dining room, the large table was set and extra seats were pulled up. Reira ran up to them and dragged the two to the open seats beside her, "I saved you two seats to eat with us."