~|"Langleys?" |~

Continuing..

"Well Shelly Langley said that you'll get better soon if you take more of fruits and green vegetables.." Shaun whispered slowly while Cathy felt a little unease when he took the name, "Shelly Langley". Well he also had a girlfriend whose last name was Langley. Good coincidence!

"Shelly?" She asked in an infuriated tone.

"Yeah, the nurse here."
"Cathy, be it before I would have never wanted to get a treatment from a mental hospital but know when you're with me and our children are going to be in this world soon, I want to be treated as soon as possible so that we can spend the best moments of our lives together. I want to be there for you and not harm you again. I would have been so obedient but now... You understand nah?" He looked at her while she blinked gazing into his hopeful eyes.

" Yeah! But you could hire any man or possibly an Old aged woman." She said nonchalantly looking away.

" So, you're really jealous, huh?! " He gazed at her with a playful smirk.

"Shaun Hill!!!" She looked away with red cheeks. "Shut up"

"Any other female staff would be prettier than her, you don't need to be jealous of her. Well, you wouldn't have any chance of being Mrs. Hill of you I wasn't that picky and you had been some less beautiful." He said looking into her brown orbs. "Well, you weren't this jealous when I was with Melanie back then."

"Huhh! I don't care for that."

"Really?!" He asked making an eye contact with her while she slapped him lightly on the back.

"Hehehh" He laughed lightly and stuffed some fruits into her mouth.

"Umhh.. Idonwannaeamore" She struggled to curse him as her mouth was full.

______________________________

In evening, Catherine was discharged and they went to the sea side villa of Shaun.

"Young madam Hill, here's the new diet plan for young master. Doctors prescribed him to have this to recover better." Shelly said entering the room.

"Oh okay, cool!"

"Well Shelly, I have we met before?" Catherine asked noticing her eyes as she seemed really familiar to her.

"I.. I don't think so young madam." Shelly replied nervously.

"Okay okay, calm.." She smiled while Shelly went out of the ward.

°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°

"Dinner time," Catherine reminded him.

Shaun walked over. Then, on second thought, she announced, "Shelley and Aunty Yasmine, why don't you both join us for dinner tonight?"

This took Shelley by surprise.

"It's not appropriate..."

"It's fine. I'm not close-minded. Everyone is equal in today's age, and besides, it's been a long day for you too," Catherine said before turning to look at Shaun. He did not seem to mind.

The dinner was indeed livelier with the four of them at the table.

However, Catherine felt uneasy when Shelley kept reminding Shaun to eat less meat but more vegetables and seafood. After all, she was the one who usually said these words. Hence, it felt strange now that someone else had taken over her place.

She really felt like she was becoming more narrow-minded.

After dinner, she and Shaun had a walk by the beach to improve digestion.

Upon returning home, the two of them worked in the study respectively. Since she completed her workload first, she went ahead to have a shower.

When she came out of the bathroom, she noticed Shaun was drinking something from a glass. Shelley was watching him intently on the side.

The warm yellow light cast on them from the ceiling above.

The sight of that hurt her eyes.

"What are you drinking?" She walked over to peek into his glass. The white liquid was probably milk.

Shelley explained softly, "Drinking a glass of milk before bed improves the quality of sleep."

"Thanks, but this is my responsibility," Catherine replied with a faint smile.

Shelley was so taken aback that her face suddenly went pale. Flustered, she nodded awkwardly. "Yes, I'll leave you two now."

Shelley looked at Catherine cautiously before closing the door behind her.

Shaun said with a chuckle, "You scared the young lady."

Catherine was at a loss for words. "What did I do that scared her? I said those words with a friendly face."

"Hmm, but also in a very jealous tone." Shaun nodded with a helpless expression on his face. "It's just a glass of milk. You don't have to be jealous over it."

He made her sound like a narrow-minded woman.

Catherine took a deep breath as she felt a surge of frustration washed over her.

Was she overreacting earlier? She did not think so.

"Stop overthinking. Let me dry your hair for you."

He picked up the hairdryer.

Once her hair was dry, she got under the blanket with blushing cheeks.

However, he simply laid down quietly in bed after turning off the lights tonight. His reserved behavior was unusual.

She turned over awkwardly to snuggle up against him.

"Be good and go to sleep." Не patted her on the back, his voice gentle.

She could not believe her ears. Biting her lips, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

That same night, she could not fall asleep, whereas Shaun quickly fell into a deep sleep. It was convincing her that perhaps Shelley's theory was right.

After all, he had been suffering from insomnia since the relapse. It had been a while since she saw him sleeping so well.

To be continued ~🫶🏻