Chapter 7: A skele-TON of problems part 2

As ATL Sans woke from his distressing dream, sweat dotted his forehead even in the cold weather. He was breathing heavily, his heart racing from the intensity of the experience. He instinctively placed a hand over his soul, trying to steady himself. Sensing his discomfort, DB Papyrus awoke from his slumber and immediately noticed the distress etched on ATL Sans's face. Concerned, he questioned what had happened, asking what was wrong.

ATL Sans hesitated for a moment, his emotions still raw from the dream. He took a deep breath and began to recount the dream to DB Papyrus, describing the heartwarming reunion with his friends, the unsettling shift in the scene, the battles, and the emotional exchange with Chara. He admitted the mixture of feelings he experienced throughout the dream – joy, fear, sorrow, and the overwhelming desire to find a sense of peace.

His voice trembled slightly as he concluded his explanation, feeling vulnerable but also relieved to have shared the experience with someone who understood him. DB Papyrus listened attentively, his expression a mix of concern and empathy. He placed a hand on ATL Sans's shoulder, offering a comforting presence.

"Sans," DB Papyrus began gently, "I can't fully understand what you've been through, but I'm here for you. We're facing uncertain and confusing situations, but we're facing them together. Your feelings are valid, and you don't have to go through this alone, I believe in you."

ATL Sans nodded appreciatively, grateful for DB Papyrus's support. He managed a small smile, the weight of the dream's emotions slowly easing with the reassurance of his new brother's words.

His voice trembled slightly as he concluded his explanation, feeling vulnerable but also relieved to have shared the experience with someone who understood him. DB Papyrus listened attentively, his expression a mix of concern and empathy. He placed a hand on ATL Sans's shoulder, offering a comforting presence.

"Sans," DB Papyrus began gently, "I can't fully understand what you've been through, but I'm here for you. We're facing uncertain and confusing situations, but we're facing them together. Your feelings are valid, and you don't have to go through this alone."

ATL Sans nodded appreciatively, grateful for DB Papyrus's support. He managed a small smile, the weight of the dream's emotions slowly easing with the reassurance of his new friend's words.

As they both transported back to the familiar confines of the dark hallway, ATL Sans tried to lighten the mood by jokingly attributing his distressing dream to the universe itself. DB Papyrus managed a small chuckle, appreciating the attempt at humor. But as they walked through the hallways, the weight of their experiences continued to hang over them. 

With a heavy sigh, ATL Sans turned to DB Papyrus and shared his thoughts. He spoke openly about the overwhelming scale of the multiverses, timelines, and the forces that seemed to be beyond their control. He questioned the purpose of their journey and whether it was worth continuing, considering how small they were compared to the vastness of it all. He admitted that he was struggling to find a reason to keep going, feeling as though they had lost everything.

DB Papyrus listened quietly, his brow furrowed in thought. After a moment, he spoke gently, "Sans, I understand that it's easy to feel overwhelmed by everything. But remember, even in the face of uncertainty and darkness, there can be moments of light and connection. We've already found each other, and that's something special."

He placed a hand on ATL Sans's shoulder, offering a comforting squeeze. "Perhaps our purpose is to find those pockets of goodness in this vast expanse. And maybe, by doing so, we'll find a way to bring some positive change to our own lives and to the lives of others."