Calm Before the Storm

Saying that Caroline was stunned was the understatement of the year. After barging into her parents room and telling them all about Zelena's state of emergency, she felt as if the floodgates were opened, absolutely nothing holding her back. She expected her mother to scold her for keeping more secrets and choosing her side- instead, she was met by silence as her mother took in the new information. Then, to the girl's surprise, her mother suggested to go to Zelena's aid. She couldn't tell if she was dreaming or not- it all seemed surreal.

"Are you guys going to drive all the way down to Florida?" Roland asked, his anxious words echoing the thoughts of his sister.

"It'd be a really long drive," Regina responded, still in her oddly calm demeanor. "I don't see why we couldn't just fly there instead."

"Fly?" Caroline repeated, her eyes wide, "on an airplane?"

Regina took in her daughter's excitement for a moment, knowing that it would be extinguished in a manner of seconds. "Just Dad and I- it's too dangerous for you two to leave Storybrooke."

"What?" Both kids said in unison, stunned looks on their faces.

"There's no magic in the outside world, you keep on saying that!" Caroline argued, "that means there's nothing to be scared of!"

"There's plenty to be scared of- the world is an unpredictable place. We don't know what happened to Zelena or who's out there, magic or not. It's too risky."

Caroline fell silent as she tried to come to terms with what her mother was saying. She was completely invested in saving Zelena- it was because of her that they knew she was in trouble. Her mother still didn't know what it was like in the Enchanted Forest, everything they had been through.

"Are you going to hurt her?" She asked, her voice faint.

Regina exchanged a glance with her husband, taken aback by her daughter's words.

"Of course not. We're going to assess the situation and... go from there."

Robin knew exactly what was on her mind from the subdued anger reflecting in her eyes. The last time she saw Zelena she sent her to a hell of unspeakable proportions. It was still beyond his understanding why she wanted to come to her aid- he was wondering for himself if she would do anything to harm her, but he wasn't brave enough to ask.

"Emma and Killian will be here soon- we have to finish packing." Robin said, starting towards the staircase before anyone could oppose.

Upstairs, Regina had fallen silent as she brought out the suitcase she hardly used, cramming random clothes in without giving them a second look. Robin began packing his own bag, struggling to keep up with her intensity.

"You know she didn't mean anything bad by what she said," he told her, trying to get her attention. She brushed right past him, opening up one of the bathroom cabinets to get out travel containers.

"The woman poisoned me, told me she wanted my existence to disappear completely, then nearly choked me to death- you're telling me that our daughter chose her to be her best friend?"

Robin stopped her in her tracks before she could grab more things from the closet, setting his hands on her shoulders. "We don't have to go- just say the word and we'll stop."