5

On the walk to the cabin the boys kept "accidentally" knocking into one another. But when they arrived, Will hesitated.

"Um, would you like to come in?" Nico gingerly asked him.

"Sure, just to make sure you don't escape through the back window."

"I don't need windows to escape," Nico retorted.

When they stepped inside Will took it all in. "That's a lot of black," he observed. "What the??" He was looking at Nico's bed.

"Yep, it's a coffin. This place needs a major reno. The beds are at the top of my list."

"I have some ideas," Will placed his index finger on his chin as he rotated 360 degrees. "You know, if it's just going to be you and Hazel in here, there's space to add a loft. That could be her domain when she visits. Frank would appreciate that too," he said, eying the makeshift curtain wall currently separating their space.

"Not a bad idea," Nico said. "And down here?"

"Yeah, replace this fake cement looking floor with a rich dark wood and do the trim around the windows in the same. Swap out the black walls for some nice floor to ceiling paneling in a deep green." Will now had one hand on his hip and was making waving motions with the other.

"Restoration Hardware has a dreamy oak with brass bedroom furniture set. Then finish it off with Pottery Barn's Chase Textured wool rug. Your cabin would still be bold, but with a modern yet classic feel."

"Solace, you've been holding out on us! Since when are you an interior designer?"

"I"m not, but my mom is. I think her good design taste is what attracted Apollo to her. That along with her gorgeous singing voice and the fact that she was a total knockout."

"Ah, it runs in the family," Nico said nonchalantly as he made his way over to his backpack lying beside the bed.

Will's face colored.

"Um, slight problem," Nico looked up at Will. "No clean clothes. Do we have time to hit the laundry?"

"I've got an extra Camp Halfblood t-shirt and one more pair of sweats back at my cabin. Why don't you borrow those for now? I don't think doing laundry is something you should be doing while you're on bed rest."

Nico looked around the room as he stood up. "I don't seem to be resting in bed at the moment. Are you sure?"

Will walked over to him, put his hands on his shoulders, and pushed him onto his bed. "Problem solved."

"Solace!" Nico pulled him down with him and then flipped so he was on top and could get up. Then Will pulled him back down again.

"Be careful messing with the son of darkness," Nico warned him.

"I think I'll be fine while you still don't have your strength back," Will retorted. The two were now face to face, about an inch apart, Nico having fallen on top of Will.

A magnetic charge pulsed in the air between them. Then Will softly pushed back a lock of hair on Nico's face. He leaned slightly up and brushed his lips against Nico's. Something inside Nico melted and he leaned into the kiss, stroking Will's cheeks and pulling him closer. He couldn't get enough of the essence of Will. He deeply breathed in Will's warm comforting scent as he kissed his lips, then his cheeks, then moved to the nape of his neck. He reveled in being flattened against Will's strong, muscular body. Being caressed and hugged in his strong arms. It was the most satisfying and blissful feeling Nico had ever experienced.

"I could get used to bed rest," Nico said between kisses. "How much longer am I on it?"

"You're mine for at least another day and a half." Will hugged Nico and flipped him so Will was now on top showering Nico in slow kisses as Nico wrapped his arms strongly around Will's torso to pull him close.

Nico's whole body was ablaze with energy and electrical currents. He had never been anybody's "mine" before. Will might have fallen for Nico first, but Nico had somehow within the past few days fallen hard. As in, do not pass Go and head straight into love drunk stupor hard. He kissed Will harder. Will pulled him in closer.

"You," Nico breathed, looking up into Will's eyes, his forehead pressed against Will's as Will leaned down, hovering above him.

"You," Will returned, an adoring smile on his face.

Will rolled over and the two faced one another sideways and entwined their legs together. The skeletal butterflies in Nico's stomach were having a field day. Nico couldn't get enough of Will and Will obviously was enjoying every moment. "I have wanted you, Neeks, since I first laid eyes on you when you arrived for the first time at camp in my dad's sun chariot," Will confessed while running his fingers through Nico's hair.

All of a sudden, Nico felt horrible. "I'm so sorry," he whispered and lowered his eyes.

"Why?"

"I'm so sorry it took me so long."

"You were worth the wait." Will put his hand under Nico's chin and raised him up to meet his lips. He kissed Nico slowly, and then more deeply and passionately, until the two were entranced in a rhythm of mutual adoration.

Nico's eyes started to water as he kissed Will. For so much of his life he had been living in a hopeless place. Dark and full of despair. And when he kissed Will, all he felt was sunshine. The light filled his body.

The two connected for what must have been hours. Then they fell asleep briefly, wrapped in each other's arms.