8

Back in the infirmary on call bed showered, in a fresh set of Will clothes, and with a stomach full of strawberries, Nico was staring at the ceiling. He wasn't in the mood quite yet to pick up Robinson Crusoe. He was debating eating the cold cheeseburger. Will had left to do rounds and even though it had only been five minutes since Will had tucked him in, squeezed his hand, and given him a parting kiss, he missed him already. Jeesh he had it bad. He was the prince of darkness! He excelled at being alone! If there was a prize for person who does best alone, he would win it! What was happening to him?

He grimaced. Then he realized there was something bumpy in the borrowed sweatpants pocket he hadn't noticed before. He twisted his left hip up briefly high enough to reach inside the pocket and pulled out a bracelet. It was simply made of two strands of leather with a gold clasp and had a clay bead tied into place in the center. The bead was pale yellow with a brighter yellow painted sunshine in the center. He would have to ask Will about it later. He put it on the nightstand. He liked how the cheery yellow seemed to brighten up anything around it.

Then Will pulled back the curtain and popped back in.

"Hey, I know I just left, but my stomach is growling and Austin's not due here with dinner for another hour and a half. Mind sharing your cheeseburger with me?" He looked at the nightstand. "Ha! You found the bracelet!"

"Is it yours? Was it lost?" Nico asked.

Will leaned down and started kissing Nico. "It's yours now, babes. I made it a couple years ago to remind myself to always look on the bright side if I was ever feeling down. I wanted you to have it. You need more sunshine in your life." He was now kissing Nico's neck and chest.

"Will?" Someone called from the other side of the curtain.

"Shoot, I've got to get back," Will gave Nico one more parting kiss on his lips, "I'll try and have dinner with you if you're still up in a bit."

And with that, he was gone again, not having gotten any cheeseburger and unable to hear Nico grumble about calling him babes.