Writer's Log 68

(08/13/23)
Status report:
Sonar reports no contacts.
Radar reports no contacts
S2 reports no contacts
No known losses thorough the night.

This past week has been devoted to R&R. I have just been spending my remaining days with family and friends before I ship out.
Made some progress at HQ. Finally got the welder set up, so we have more capability of doing our own repairs on various things. Dad is certified, but I'm still learning. Plus, it'll be another opportunity to hone yet another skill. Still working on securing a lathe, but I have a feeling that will be more in the future.
We have some more supplies inbound, primarily comms equipment for my command vic to allow for easier coordination between allied units. At least, this should now bring me up to full strength on the TOE.

I've been working here and there, trying to get chapter 7 of WOH:DD, but I'm not confident I'll be able to wrap it up before I ship out. Planning two campaigns is a stretch already, and if you have kept up on the past logs, these haven't been entirely ideal circumstances.

Otherwise, everything's been fairly quiet. No drama, other than the fires in Maui. HQ was stationed on the island for a stint, and I have some friends up there. I know they're doing what they can to contain the blazes, but I've sadly my own battles to fight. I've even gotten rumors down the pipeline that the 777th might be sent in to provide additional manpower, and if true, we'll be ready and willing to beat those blazes back. There's still a lot on my plate and not a lot of information to make decisions on. I've just been doing what I can with what I've been given where I'm at. At least making the most of what time I have left before heading back into the fire. Here's hoping I can recover from this botched landing.

T-4 days to deployment.

Stay safe, stay healthy,
Take care.
-FishyFish831