Chapter 5: The Confession?

Picture is not mine!

~~

It has been three months since then, and it was now the day when Shuichi plans to confess to Kokichi before Kiibo even gets the chance. Kokichi was talking to Kaito because he needed help with some homework and Kaito decided to help him.

Shuichi then spotted Kokichi and decided to go up to him. He then said, "Hey Ouma!" He sounded like he was in a good mood. He thinks that Kokichi would accept his feelings.

Kokichi said, "Oh hi Saihara! What's up?" Kokichi smiled as he was just being friendly.

Shuichi then said, "Ouma... could we perhaps meet after school?" He then blushed, Kaito then looked down gloomy as his heart ached knowing that Shuichi was planning to confess to Kokichi. Kaito felt hurt but he didn't want to show it.

Kokichi then said, "Oh sure! I'm not really busy so it's fine!"

Shuichi said, "Alright! See you later, then!" He then waves at him before walking away.

Kokichi then noticed something was up with Kaito. He then said, "Hey Kaito? Are you ok?"

Kaito then said as he was trying to hide his feelings, "Of course! Why wouldn't I be ok??"

Kokichi said, "You're literally trying to hide your own feelings... that isn't healthy at all... Is it because of your feelings for Shuichi? Don't ask how I know, I just overheard you and Maki talking about it awhile back"

Kaito said, "I... Don't you like Shuichi?"

Kokichi said, "Huh? Ohh... You think I like LIKE him? No not in that way, as a friend yes but that's it. Besides I already like someone else..." As he said that, his cheeks turned light pink while thinking about Kiibo.

Kaito then said, "Oh... Well... Uhm you might wanna tell Shuichi that....  and try to be nice about it so you don't hurt his feelings"

Kokichi looked at him then said, "Wha... wait... He has a crush on me??" He was shocked by this.

Kaito said, "Uhh... I should have stayed quiet about that... well since he's already planning to confess to you after school by his expression... I just thought to let you know beforehand so he doesn't get heartbroken easily..."

Kokichi said, "Oh... Well you don't have to worry about that! Trust me, I will go easy on him! Hopefully he could move on after. I'm sure he'll understand!"

Kaito said, "Thanks Kokichi"

Kokichi then said, "Of course! I also wish you luck with Shuichi in the future! Besides I want you to be happy, you are like a big brother to me!"

Kaito said, "And you are like a little brother to me as well" He smiled as he patted Kokichi's head.

Kokichi said, "Anyways let's get back to homework!"

Kaito nodded as he started to help Kokichi with his homework.

~~

After school, Shuichi was waiting for Kokichi after school, Kokichi came a bit later since he was helping his teacher as he carries some papers to the teachers lounge. After he was done, everyone in the school left. He almost forgot that he had to go meet Shuichi so he rushed outside and saw him still waiting by the gate.

Kokichi said, "Sorry about being so late Saihara..! I was helping my teacher out!"

Shuichi said, "It's fine! I just really want to tell you something..."

Kokichi looked a bit awkward since Kaito told him about it earlier then said, "Yeah...?"

Shuichi said, "I love you Ouma!"

Kokichi then said, "Oh... Uhm... Saihara.... I'm sorry but I only see you as a friend.... Sorry I can't return your feelings for you.... We can still be friends right...?"

Shuichi then went quiet, looked away then said in a dark tone, ".... Do you already like someone else..?"

Kokichi noticed his tone as he walked back then said, "W-what?!" Is all that came out of him.

To be continued!!

Sorry for the cliffhanger, and the long wait to update this book! I'll try to update more but I'm going to college either on Monday or Tuesday so don't expect another update so soon! Hope you enjoyed this so far!