chapter twenty five. captain morgan

Violet was in no mood to go to any parties but Sky, Riven and Dane made her go. Sky was still braiding two strands of her hair when the car stopped. "Can you sit still for one more second." He removed the small hair tie from his pinky, tying her braid as she pushed out of the car. Th girls had dressed her up but she didn't want to be pretty, she barely wanted to exist.

"Drinking helps, it always does." Riven wrapped an arm around her body, pulling her close for a side hug as his head rested on hers. "I'm getting fucking wasted." She pulled a smile onto her lips as they headed into the pub. When they got in there, she sits between Terra and Musa and across from Flora while Dane is off doing God knows what and Riven gets them drinks.

"Ladies." He puts the glasses down. "Figured you for an IPA kinda girl. Crisp, packs a punch." He looks at Flora.

"Stout for the mind fairy. Smooth, take your mind off all the emotional shit, especially since you're sitting next to the person with the most emotional damage." Riven hands the drink to Musa who had been slowly moving further away from Violet, avoiding her touch like the plague.

"For my girl, I got Captain Morgan." He hands Violet a glass filled to the brim, she takes a sip with the straw. "Straight Captain Morgan?"

"Don't be a pussy." Riven comments.

"And for Terra, a cider." Riven hands her the last glass. "It's got a bit of alcohol but basically just fizzy glass of apple juice." Riven smiles and she thanks him.

"Riv, can you take a large gulp so I can pour a fizzy drink in this." Violet pulls a curl out of her face that's stuck to her sticky lips.

"Wishing well." Riven leans in, looks her dead in the eyes. "Fuck off." She spits back. "Wishing well." He repeats.

"What are you two on about?" Flora looks between the two. "In year eight we started this thing, wishing well, if either of us tells the other wishing well it's like the highest level of a dare and we all got three." Riven pushes the glass towards Violet.

"You used one to make me piss off the balcony of my house so I can use one to get you drunk." He smiles, lifting the glass for her as she takes out the straw. She holds it to her mouth and shuts her eyes. When she puts the glass back down, it's empty.

It takes a few minutes for it to kick in and when she sees Riven locking eyes with Flora. She crouches down, crawling out of the booth from under the table. She moves out to the bathroom, picking out her phone from her pocket. The drink has made her a little more sad.

She dials the first number that comes into her mind. She holds it to her ear, voicemail. "Hey Bea, I know you probably won't get this because you've been taken. Fuck, that still feels so weird to say but on the off chance that you get this, I just want to remind you that I'm at a pub." She walked into a stall, leaning against the wall.

"I'm getting drunk as always but not even the full glass of Captain Morgan can make me happy." She turns her back to the toilet when she hears someone knock on the door. "Are you puking?" It's Dane.

"I have to go." She turns off her phone, opens the stall door. "I'm not a pussy but I am drunk, let's dance." She grabs his hand, dragging him out the door, sliding her phone into his back pocket. Nothing feels as fun as a nearly empty dance floor.

They jump around for what feels like hours, laughing as they hold eyes to try to stay together. "You need a mint." He laughs at the smell of the drink that still lingers on her lips. He takes one from his pocket, she bites it in half, leaving him the rest. "I need more Morgan." She tries to pull away from him but he refuses to let go.

"I can't let you fuck yourself up that much. One more shot." He takes one on Sebastian's tab and hands it to her. She finishes and asks for another. He gives it to her. They go back to dancing and she ends up with Riven. "You're so drunk!" He says after only giving her one glance.

"I'm happy drunk!" She leans backwards, back against someone. She turns to see Sky. "My best friends." She pulls him, Riven and Dane together, "I love you guys." A phone goes off and Dane hands it to her.

She looks at it and pauses, suddenly becoming more sober than before. It was a message from Beatrix, asking for help and a picture of an old shed.

"This is a trap." Bloom warns as Beatrix cuts her dress shorter, a waste of a good dress. She pulls on a pair of pants that Sky got for her before pulling on her vest. Violet doesn't even acknowledge Bloom.

"The Blood Witches are trying to lure fairies so that scrappers can steal their magic." Bloom goes on as Sky hands Beatrix her sword. She spins it around her hand, trying to sober up by getting her mind focused.

"Luckily we've been trained to kill those buggers." Violet straps her bow around her body. "And we'll just take Musa with us, so you can stay here if you'd like."

"Musa can't go."

"I actually want to help." Musa pipes up. "And we'll protect her, you have my word." Violet speaks as Bloom blocks her path.

"It's a trap, she might not even be there."

"Move or I'm moving you and it won't be pretty." Sky moves his girlfriend out of the way as Violet climbs into the jeep, sitting in the front as she starts the engine. "We're burning daylight, let's go."

They reach the shed by nightfall, Violet is the first one out of the vehicle and Sky has to pull up the hand brake before it keeps moving. "Why can't we ever break into a playground?" Musa muses.

"A playground would be less creepy?" Sky frowns.

"Okay, let's split up." Violet claps her hands together.

"Like people in horror movies do before they die?" Dane turns to her.

"You've been watching Zepotha one too many times." Violet shrugs off his comment. "Wait." Musa starts. "I can feel her." She leads and the rest follow. For the first time in three days, Violet can finally breathe.

She knocks down the door and finds Beatrix on the ground and she rushes to her side. There's blood all over her as tears pool in Violet's eyes. She feels for a pulse, her heart at ease when she finds one.

She picks up the girl, looking over at the boys and Musa who are all getting ready for the worse when she hears it. Scrappers. When Sky raises his bow and arrow to shoot it, someone shoots his arrow done. Andres.

"There's something wrong with him. He's not Andreas." Musa comments as Violet tells her to run. She follows soon after, pulling out her sword. "Keep close!" She calls to Musa but when she turns the girl is nowhere in sight. "Musa!" She screams.

She turns the corner and finds Riven. "Get Musa, she's still in there somewhere." She calls to him and he runs to get her. She runs to the jeep, puts Beatrix in the backseat. She has to go back for the others. She pulls off her vest, crawling onto the backseat, pulling in onto Beatrix.

She slams the door shut, pulls out her sword, marching towards the building. She comes in at just the right time to tackle Andreas off Silva. The roll on the ground for a moment until she finally pins him down. She pauses and when she looks down, his sword is sticking out from her gut and in one swift movement another sword appears in front of Violet as Sky hammers it into his father's chest.