Part 3 The Semester Begins.

After setting everything in his side of the room, (Y/N) lay on his bed, scrolling through his phone. Worried about Pugsley, he sent him a short text.

'Hey. You still alive?' (Y/N) waited for a moment.

*Ding.

Checking his phone, Pugsley has replied to his message.

'Why did she seem so tensed? Did something happen?' (Y/N) chuckled. He replied telling Pugsley to not worry about it. Xavier got out of the shower, which would mean it was his turn.

At Wednesday and Enid's room, the girls were already getting back to their usual self. Wednesday is already working on her new novel whereas Enid is getting a neck massage from Thing.

"So, it seems like you and (Y/N) are getting along. I mean staying with you for the whole summer, that's the next level of devotion." Wednesday stopped her writing, turning to face her roommate. Thing stopped the massage and hid behind Enid.

"Don't blame Thing. I swear I will not tell a single soul. Not even Ajax." Wednesday let out a big sigh.

"I wish I could understand him more." Enid furrowed her eyebrows. Thing came out from her back, both witnessing the change of expression on Wednesday's face.

"What do you mean?"

"If you really think that just one summer is enough to convince him to keep his life from miserable thoughts of suicide and dying, then you're clearly on the wrong side of your brain." Enid gulped.

"His mother, Laurel, killed two people in front of him. His best friend Tyler, turned out to be nothing but the monster that's been terrorizing the whole town. Losing the only people you trust in life, is like forsaking your soul to Hades himself." Wednesday continues.

"But, I thought he had fun during the summer. You know, with you, your brother, parents. I don't even want to know how you got a lion as a pet. He's happy. Right?" Wednesday lightly shook her head.

"I have this feeling that he's keeping more secrets from me. I really don't want to resort to violence with him, which is why I'm being patient. Behind his smile and laugh, there's a pit filled with regret, guilt, sorrow, sadness, and blood. He needs a closure before he could move on. I wanted to help him." Now Wednesday's tone is filled with sorrow and sadness.

"And I'll help both of you. You're my friend. So is he." Thing signal some messages at Wednesday as well.

"If you really want to help, you'll start by apologizing for stealing his socks." Wednesday told the severed hand who replied with more gesture.

"So Sloom is the one who puts you into it. Should've known. But maybe you should tell him yourself otherwise he will chop off your index within the week." Thing gives her a thumbs up.

~~

Sounds of metal blade clinking filled the air. The fencing room is occupied by students, facing each other. Except for Wednesday, who's in her unusual black outfits, still looking around the room. She can't make out, which one under the mask is (Y/N). But then again, all the movements in the room indicates that none of them is him.

"Feeling nervous Wednesday? I never take you for the searching type. If you you want, I'm right here." Bianca Barclay, approaches her.

"I appreciate your unwelcoming presence and greeting Bianca, but I'm not searching for a challenge yet. Merely a certain idiot." Bianca smile at her remarks. The door to the fencing room opened. In walks Xavier Thorpe in his white outfit, followed by (Y/N) who's also donning the same outfit. The students in the room put the fencing sessions on hold, all turned towards them. (Y/N) in particular.