5

later that evening

jungkooks pov

i laugh while running away from the guards with jimin. we both hide in the royal garden and laugh as the guards run right past us.

jimin sits down and smiles "its so nice to finally have someone to be friends with, being royalty is great but having no friends is...horrible"

he looks at me and i nod "yeah, i get it...im on my own usually so im used to it" he tilts is head "what about your parents?"
i look at him and i sigh a little "ive...ive lied to you jimin.."

i take a deep breath and then gasp when a loud high pitched scream comes from inside the forest. jimin jumps up "what was that"

my eyes widen as i then realise where i have heard that scream before. jimin begin walking towards the forest. i grab his hand "no! what if its the witches? trying to lure you there?"

he shakes his head "the witch is dead, unfortunatly its just the witches daughter that  lurks in these woods, said to be one of the most evil, heartless witches ever to walk the land"

my heart shatters a little
wait....
thats what they think of me?

i let go of jimins arm and he looks at me "whoa you okay?"
i look at him "oh uh,,yeah im fine just shocked"
he hums and then we both sit back down in the garden after jimin told the guards about the scream.

jimin rests his hand ontop of mine "shocked?" i nod "yeah...how do you all know that about the witches daughter? i thought she had never been seen"
jimin nods "the legend"

i tilt my head "legend?" he nods "yeah, legend says, the first daughter born from the evil witch is said to be the cause of all the dark magic over the kingdom, the cause of evil. she is the most evil and heartless witch of them all...."

jimin sighs "my mother used to be friends with the witch" i look at him "she did?" he nods "they grew up together...then one day the witch destroyed half the kingdom, burnt down half the forest and tried to kill my mother..that was when we found out she had a daughter, two years younger than me"

i nod "oh i see.....so everything is blamed on the witches?" he nods "basically yes...but..sometimes? i kinda just want to sit and talk to the witches, try and understand what happened, i believe my parents...but i played with the witches daughter! i remember it!...she seemed harmless"

he....he wants to talk to ...my mother?
maybe my mother is doing the wrong thing

i cant let her kill him!