Chapter 1-1 Three years later

Three years later

Ever since they arrived at St. Louis. It was at first going smoothly for Tony. He thought it was a good idea to get a Job at some liquor store. Tony was actually doing a good job. He was earning some dough. Buying some clothes and things for his brothers. While keeping track of how much to pay at the hotel in order to keep staying until they can get a home of their own. Tony is glad to find St. Louis.

Then came the month of July 1st 1926. The prohibition is in full effect. The moment it started it got crazy. The stores are gone. They destroyed some barrels containing alcohol, and whiskey. And worst? Tony had no job now. After that happened. Tony begins the new search for the job. He did find a new one, at the post office.

Another year has passed. He quitted. Hearing the hotel is being filled with strange characters. Fearing for their safety. He chose to quit his job, and left to go find a proper hotel where it can be safer. The Robin brothers are back at square one.

After their little walk throughout town. Soon, they eventually entered the street three one three. And it was Tony may have found there not just a new place to stay. But also his new job. Johnny looks at the sign and he reads it carefully.

"Little Daisy café. That's a nice name." Johnny said with a smile. "Nice enough to make this my new job. Maybe this time it will be a permanent job." Tony said. "I hope you're not lying. Last time you quit the post office." James said. "Well what can ya do? I was starting to see too many people that may or may not be doing a shady job of their own." Tony defends his reasons. Johnny tugs Tony's shirt. "Come on, let's go check it out." Johnny said. "Alright, alright. Settle down John." Tony said.

The three brothers enter the café. It looked empty. But there is someone here. They see a young anthro cat at the register. And another female cat sitting at the table where the cash register is. The female cat notices the three human boys. Making her eyes wide. Realizing she has customers. Or so she thought.

"Oh, hello. Welcome to the café. What can I get you?" She asked. "Actually, I'm here for a job." Tony said right away. Ivy raised her eyebrows. While the other female cat turns her head. Getting her attention when she heard the human wanted a job.

"You came here for a job?" She asked. "Of course. Is there a space open for me? I really need it." Tony begged. The brown fur cat could tell he wanted the job. She wonders how desperate he is?

"How much do you need it exactly?" She asked. Johnny turns his head to look at a female cat. All dressed nicely. So he waved at her. Before Tony could answer, someone stepped in. "I think I do believe this young man really needs it. They turn to see the other female cat. Tony and James had figured it was her.

The way I see it, is that he seems to be the only adult with the two boys. Are they your brothers?" She asked. "Why yes. I'm their guardian." Tony answered. "You're their guardian? Do you have any other folks with you? Any mom and dad?" The brown fur cat asked. The three brothers stayed quiet and looked down after being asked that question. After a moment of silence.

Johnny, the littlest of the trio, finally spoke their answer. "No...our parents died. So it's just me and my two brothers." Johnny said with a sad tone.

The two female anthro cats started to feel bad. The beautiful cat in a pretty red dress comforts Johnny. "I'm sorry for your loss darling. I can't help but feel the same." She said. "So how do you plan to stay? Do you have a home?" The brown fur cat asked.

"Well, no. But the next door is an apartment right?" James said. "I thought I would give my brothers somewhere to stay so that I can work." Tony said. "Well, it's not much of a house. But as long as you have a roof over your head. That's more important. But before we decide to hire you. What are your names?" She asked.

"Tony, Tony Robin. This is James. My middle brother." Tony pointed at James. "Hi." James waved. "And Johnny. My little brother." Tony pointed at Johnny. "It's nice to meet you both. But you can call me John." Johnny said.

The female cat's eyes widened when she heard that last name. She said nothing, she just looked at the three boys. "What?" James wondered. The female cat shook her head. "Oh nothing, I was in my thoughts. Well then, my name is Mitzi may. This lovely register you just met is Miss Ivy Pepper." Mitzi gestured to Ivy to introduce her.

"Very nice to meet you three." Ivy said. "Now that we're all acquainted. Tony, you're hired." Mitzi announced. "Yes, thank you!" Tony said. "I hope you know how to cook. Because we'll need as much help as we can get." Mitzi said.

"You know how to make pancakes?" Ivy asked. "He sure does Ivy, He made some once at the orphanage. They were good. I just love pancakes." Johnny said.

"Looks like someone is a fan of that breakfast meal. I think you and Rocky would get along well." Ivy said. Johnny makes a confused look. "Rocky?" Johnny wondered about a name he never knew. "You'll meet him eventually. He does come here for pancakes." Ivy said. "Is he some sort of a VIP customer to you?" James asked.

"Well, I guess you could assume that. So you mention you would stay at the apartment?" Mitzi asked. "You bet. I rather not leave them out in the rain and wait for me." Tony said. "No worries, They can come to the café. Just as long as they don't do anything rash." Mitzi said. "I'll make sure they won't. Ain't that right guys?" Tony gives his two brothers a look. Giving them the stare to make sure both of them get the picture.

"Absolutely no trouble. But keep your eyes on him. He points at Johnny. He's the sneaky little guy that finds trouble." James said. "Hey, so do you!" Johnny shouts. "I do not!" James shouts back. "Do too." Johnny said. "Do not." James said. They watch as James and Johnny go back and forth with each other. Tossing two words like a ball.

"Alright boys, take it outside. This isn't a place to argue." Mitzi said. "Come on guys, we better go check in." Tony said. "Do you need any help? I can cover the apartment cost for ya." Ivy offered. "Thanks very much Ivy, But I have enough to afford it." Tony replied. "I see, that's good." Ivy said. "Your shift will begin tomorrow. Ivy will show you the ropes on how to get started." Mitzy said.

"Good to know. See ya tomorrow." Tony waved. "Bye, Mitzy, Bye Ivy." Johnny waved. Mitzy and Ivy waved back and watched the three boys exit the café. Once they're out of sight. Mitzy turns to Ivy. "I don't believe this." Mitzy said.

Ivy is clueless on what she said. "Don't believe what?" Ivy wondered. "Those three kids. Happen to be from the robin family. Aren't you familiar with the Robin family?" Mitzy asked. "Robin family? Ivy pondered for a bit, and thought for a moment. Then she opened her mouth and gasped in realization. Wait, can it be?" Ivy said.

Mitzy nods her head. "Ivy when the shift ends. There is one thing I need you to do." Mitzy said.

At the apartment.

The three brothers checked in on the second floor. Tony unlocked the door number 07. And opened the door. This time the apartment overall looked a little fancy. Well, the room. Had a fancy two beds, a chair, the radio, and of course the TV.

While James and Johnny go check out the room. Tony stood and couldn't help but think about Mitzy's last name. "Mitzy may? May. Where have I heard that?" Tony asked himself a question.

Meanwhile

Mitzy enters an office. She stops to look at the portrait of someone she knows.

"Those families still live. They have fallen before you met your demise. To my surprise, I met the three boys who happen to be survivors. That means sooner or later, they will be a bigger target on their head. But the poor boys don't know it yet Atlas. Like lackadaisy, they too had some rivals of their own. But somehow, they fell from grace.

But not all is out. The three children carry the grace that shines. This Tony fellow could help. After all, he is their son." Mitzy talks to the portrait of Atlas