Chapter 1-2 Sneaking out at night

The three boys in the apartment are sound asleep. Tony is on the left side of the bed. While James and John get the other bed. No sound of snoring, only just breathing. Everyone is getting their rest, almost. Since there are some police out there watching the streets. Keeping their eyes on any funny business.

So far, there was no suspicious activity out in the streets. Just some whistles, A crescent moon, and of course people staying up partying all night. It was just a calm night. Then Johnny opens his eye lids. He got off the bed and used the restroom.

He was about to go back to sleep after finishing, he heard some footsteps. He opens the door a little so he can see from the crack of the door. He sees that very cat lady from before. "Mitzy? Johnny said with an odd look. Wondering where she's going?

Pretty curious. He decided to follow her. I wonder where she's going this late? Maybe the moment she turns around, I'll just surprise her. Just for fun. Without any time to lose. He grabs his shoes, putting them on, and he proceeds to follow her. No time to change. Just in his pajamas.

He goes to where he last saw her. While being very careful not to make any too much noise. He bypasses the cats that work here, and makes it to the entrance. He looked to his right When he looked to his left. He sees Mitzy entering the little daisy cafe. He hurries to the door and stops it. He sees her going to the pantry until she's not seen.

Johnny carefully closes the door without making any noises. He walks to the pantry. He is very surprised at what he found. The pantry is a secret entrance. He could see the tunnel looked like a cave. Hotdog, a secret door. Just like in those comics and movies." Johnny said with a hint of excitement. He takes a few steps down to have a look.

"Sure does, doesn't it darling? Johnny turned around to see her. Mitzy who was hiding behind the other side of the pantry. Surprise." Mitzy said. "Oh shoot, you got me. I was going to surprise you. Johnny pouts. Well that's what I get for being curious." John said.

"Mhmm. I knew I was being followed. But when I saw your shadow right at the door. I knew who's shadow belonged to. So I decided to have some fun." Mitzy ruffled his hair. Johnny chuckles after Mitzy messes up his hair.

"I guess I lost at this game then. Well guess I better get back before my brothers notices who's missing." Johnny was about to leave but felt his shoulder grabbed by Mitzy. "Do you have a second before you go?" Mitzy asked him.

"Sure. What is it? Johnny asked. Mitzy presents him something that she has in her palm. A pin. Johnny sees that pin is a club. And he knows it ain't just a regular pin. Hey, a club pin." Johnny takes the pin. "How did you guess?" Mitzy asked.

"That's because I saw people with the club pins back when my dad was alive. Wait a minute...Johnny thinks for a minute, then he looks at the club pin. And the wheels in his head started turning. Wait, I get it. You're from that lackadaisy place right?" Johnny guesses. "Guilty as charged. But I'm not just a member. I am the new owner." Mitzy revealed it to him. Making Johnny back up in shock.

"You? Holy moly. I didn't realize you actually own this place. Dad told me you guys were buddies." Johnny said. "I know. But this place actually belongs to my husband. Atlas. And we both shared our drinks for both of our clubs. It was then there was a time we actually visited your club. Atlas and I had a good chat with your father." Mitzy said.

Johnny's eyes wide. "You know my father?" Johnny asked. Mitzy nods her head. Let's save this for tomorrow night. It should be fair to share this to your brothers. I'm sure they would like to know too." Mitzy said. "Yeah, I can wait until tomorrow night." Johnny said.

"But can you keep it a secret until nighttime?" Mitzy asked. "No problem, my brothers are gonna be too busy to even ask me." Johnny said, raising his fist trying to act tough.

"Thanks John. Johnny gives the club pin back to her. Sleep well." Mitzy bends to his level and gives him a kiss on his forehead. Johnny started to get flustered. "G-goodnight." Johnny stuttered. He started to blush. And he leaves.

Johnny goes right back to the apartment. It's easy this time around since there was no one in the lobby. He gets back to the second floor. And eventually finds room 07. He tiptoes to the door and checks to see his brothers are still sleeping. He removes his shoes, and goes right back into the bed quietly. Once he was able to tuck in with his blanket he shut his eyes. Going to sleep.

The next day.

Morning arrives. The three brothers get themselves cleaned up. Brushed their teeth, and went out. Tony locks the door, and goes on. James and Johnny follow their big brother. When they made it to the lobby. They see an anthro black cat in a tuxedo. Reading some newspapers. Then he turns to see Tony and his two brothers.

They stared at each other for a few seconds, until James spoke.
"Good morning sir." James said with manners. The black cat responded with a kind gesture by tipping his fedora hat. "Good morning to you too young sir." He replied. The three boys opened the door and went on their way. The cat in a tuxedo started to put his finger on his chin. Thinking about the three young humans, forming a puzzled look.

Tony and his two brothers entered the little daisy cafe. There were some customers present, eating their breakfast. "Hey Tony I see you're already up." They look to see Ivy pepper at the register. "Am I late for my first day?" Tony asked. "Nope, you're here just in time. Grab an apron, and we can get started." Ivy said.

"Okay then. You two, back to your rooms." Tony instructed them. James and Johnny formed the look of disapproval. "What? Why?" James asked. "Yeah, what for?" Johnny added. "So where you guys can be safe, and I need to focus on my job. You two already know the discussion we had. This is no time to protest." Tony said.

"Aw, but I want pancakes." Johnny frowns. "Hey don't worry, you're not leaving hungry. I'll pay up." Tony said as he went to get an apron. "Actually, between you and me. They can have some. On the house." Ivy said. "You don't have to-" Tony ties the knot of the apron as he speaks. But gets cut off by Ivy. "No, Insist. You boys sit down and wait while we get your breakfast ready." Ivy said.

"Yippee, pancakes." Johnny cheered as he went to sit down on the seats. "James, you're in charge while I work. Keep close, and keep an eye on him ok?" Tony requested. "Sure thing Tony. I'll make sure he doesn't slip away from my sight." James said.

Tony's first day begins. He pours the pancake batter on the pan, and waits. He flips each pancake over. And waits until the other side of the pancake is done. When it was done. He puts the four pancakes on the plate and puts the tiny square of butter on the pancake. He gives the plate of pancakes to Ivy to give it to Johnny.

Ivy puts the pancakes on a table to where Johnny is. Johnny drizzles pancakes with maple syrup, and starts to dig in. Now Tony makes some for James next.

One table away from Johnny and James. A gray adult cat with large eyebrows peaks his head to the two boys, and to Tony. Forming his signature grin.

"I think that must be our upcoming newcomers that Miss M mentioned." He said. And another cat sitting across from him looks in his direction.