eva | 6

Neytiri didn't not like him. Nope, not one bit. She did not trust him, no matter what her mother and father said about him. But, if Eywa wanted him dead, she would have let him die that day in the forest. She made Neytiri spare him. And she couldn't go against the will of Eywa. She says that he has a purpose here in the Omaticaya and Neytiri must respect it. That didn't stop her from glaring at him when he did something nice or endearing. Or when he got too close to her.

Unfortunately, Kieva was having the opposite feelings towards Jake. She was ecstatic whenever she got to be around him. She was him utterly and completely fascinating, something Neytiri loved and loathed about her at the moment. The younger na'vi found him very silly with his human thing, like pinky promises (mainly because she thought his pinky was silly from the beginning) and some of his 'slang' words.

Like, dude. What a silly word.

The mornings that Neytiri didn't have any lessons planned to teach Jake were spent together anyhow, much to her own dismay. Kieva would drag them out of their hammocks to go pick fruits, another thing that she wanted Jake to learn how to do properly so that he didn't hurt the tree in the process.

But Neytiri would end up picking them while Jake and Kieva chased each other around like children. It was kind of...nice to see that. While many people loved Kieva, nobody seemed to have the same interests or amount of energy she had.

Neytiri was currently plucking berries from a tree, but stopped for a moment to turn her head towards the two of them. Kieva was currently trying to catch Jake by his tail, which he was actually doing a good job at evading her grabby hands at the last moment.

They were both laughing and Kieva was playfully hissing at him when he got too far. After a few moments of watching them, Neytiri almost turned away but continued just in time to see as her mate, who had hidden herself for the element of surprise, jump out of a bush and tackle Jake to the ground.

The noise that the sky demon made was silly enough that Neytiri let her walls down for a moment to laugh at him. Once she had calmed down for a second, she let out a low whistle to call their attention. Both of their heads whipped towards her, almost in unison.

"Here." She said as she tossed a fruit from her basket to each of them. "Eat."
They both thanked her before digging in, the two of them sat on the ground to eat their breakfast. If you saw them eat, you would think they were raised by animals. One of them was and one of them wasn't. Guess which is which.

Kieva looked up from her fruit, mid bite, at Jake and couldn't help her hand raising up and cleaning the juice off his chin and jaw with her finger tips. He stopped and looked at her as she continued eating before shaking himself out of it and took another bite, finishing off the snack.

"Hey, Eva," Her head popped up to look at him with wide, curious eyes. "You wanna learn another human thing?"

"Ooooh, yes, please!"

"Alright," He turned himself facing her and uncrossing his legs, "Turn towards me with your feet up a little." She did what he said, using her hands to hold herself up as her body was at an obtuse angle, his mirroring hers. Jake pressed the bottom of his feet to hers and intertwined their toes.

Kieva immediately started to giggle loudly, rolling onto her side and scooting away from him. "No, no! Too silly! That's so weird feeling. He-he-he.."

Jake chuckled, watching her reaction with her rolling around the ground and keeping her feet tucked up and away from his.

"Why would humans do that?" Neytiri asked in confusion over his shoulder, spooking him a little with her sudden appearance.

"I don't- I don't know. A lot of human children are pretty dumb."

"Hmm. Come. It's time to work on archery."

a/n: this is like the shortest chapter ever and im really sorry for the hiatus. im trying to get better at juggling things in my life at the moment. im writing a book that i plan to actually publish and make into a physical book (which is insane!), im starting a club at school, also friend stuff so update are probably going to slow down but i'm trying my best :)