𝟎𝟖 𝘏𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐𝘯 𝘗𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘚𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

AN: Not really any needed trigger warnings, but there is a little bit of scary angst

AN: Not really any needed trigger warnings, but there is a little bit of scary angst. (If that makes sense)

[Afterglow - Taylor Swift]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Isabella's POV

The chatter of the village folk warms my heart. Life for them seems so easy, yet I know it isn't, but they are still able to smile. They talk to their neighbours, exchanging money for food and goods in the market. Even with the world on their shoulders, they are still able to smile. I wish I could do the same. I'm still scared to get too close to anyone after James saved me from Rumlow. He told me it would be good for me to try and get out of the cabin he took me to. He gave me some spare clothes from one of his female friends and we walked into the village. Originally, when James saved me two days ago, I thought he was going to take me back to the castle, but he explained that my parents were still adamant to marry me off to Rumlow, even though they knew he kidnapped me. James took a chance saving me and we both haven't been seen since he left. No one knows where we are. They are trying to find us, but we are right under their noses. The best way to hide is in plain sight.

I'm starting to regret coming out here when a small group of guards begins storming through the village people, pushing them out of the way. They pull the hoods off the woman's coats, trying to identify their faces. James grabs my hand, pulling me into an alleyway. The same alleyway we met. He presses my body against the wall, looking deep into my eyes.

"The guards are here for you. They must be looking for you." He grabs my hand. "I need you to stay hidden. Can you do that for me?"

"James, you don't have to do this." I place my hand on his cheek. "I can just go back to the castle. Maybe we can convince them to not marry me off."

"They've already decided it, Bella." He shakes his head. "Please, just stay here. I will try to get them away from here. Maybe find out what their plans are. I'll get you out of here, I promise."

Nodding my head, I watch as James walks over to the group of guards. I'm not that far away from them that I can't hear their conversation, but it helps that everyone has gone quiet. Ether from fear or curiosity. It's a known fact now that the princess is missing.

"Bucky? Where have you been?" One of them asks.

"I've been trying to find the princess. Have you found her yet?" He lies.

"No, she's not here. Not at the castle and no one has seen Rumlow since the ball."

"Okay, what are we going to do next?" He asks.

"The King says just keep looking. Maybe she's hiding in one of these peasants' homes. There can't be that many places to hide."

"Then we keep looking? Maybe she's hidden at Rumlow's castle." He suggests.

"Yes."

James walks away from them, watching behind his back to make sure they don't see him walking into the alleyway. The guards are busy harassing people about my whereabouts as James pulls me away from the village and towards the woods, back to his cabin. Back where he can keep me safe.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT