iv.𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬

003.

Today was midsummers.Gabriella finally woke up after snoozing her alarm 3 times.As usual,she was hungover thanks to her brother ,his friends and her crazy self.Rafe,topper and kelce had practically lived in their house from the amount of times they would be over at Gabriellas place,she didnt exactly love this,but it was better than having no friends at the moment.Of course,she had gotten closer to Sarah and almost had their friendship returning back to pre-pogues.
Gabriella yet hadn't processed the fact it was midsummers until she saw her navy dress hung up on the front of her closet.She figured her mom had steamed and ironed it and got it all ready,it was so beautiful and in a couple of hours , she would be wearing it walking down with the Camerons in it.
She quickly got herself out of bed when she realized it was 2pm. "𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭" she mumbled to herself.She went downstairs to the kitchen when she saw axel and rafe,again.
"𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐞?"Gabriella said to rafe in an annoyed tone
"𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞,𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞"rafe responded.
Gabriella rolled her eyes and then said "𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲,𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐬,𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞".
"𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨."he said.
She went upstairs to her room after she grabbed some food and then put on her favourite show "13 reasons why".It was her comfort show and she would always put it on when she was stressed,bored or getting ready.
She finally started to face reality that she had to be all ready in exactly 47 minutes.She was pacing around her room panicking,not knowing where she should start when she suddenly heard a knock.
"𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐢 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬?"Gabriella said
"𝐲𝐨𝐮...𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩"Rafe said while looking around her room.
"𝐎𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐞,𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐝?"she said nervously.
He said "𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡𝐡..."
"𝐅𝐌𝐋"she mumbled.
"𝐈𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭,𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 "Rafe said.then added"𝟒𝟑 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠?".

"𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠?𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐬𝐲𝐜𝐡𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭."She thought to herself.

She ignored him as he left and quickly sat on her vanity chair,she started doing her makeup.She was going for a natural look so it wasnt that hard to do and it wouldnt take as long.After doing he makeup she did hair and then stared at the dress for a good minute.She
panicking a lot and contemplating whether she should just run away and go to the beach for a surf with the pogues instead like what they always did.Then she remembered she couldnt since most of the pogues would also be at midsummers.
She ditched all her thoughts when she heard the sound of a car pulling up,she looked through the window,it was a black range rover.Not any black range rover,Rafes one.
She finally gave up and faced reality that shes going to this event whether she liked it or not.

When they arrived to the country club , she had to wait in the lobby for the whole cameron family.She figured it would take long as they came earlier than they were supposed to,so she pulled out her phone and went on tiktok.
A few seconds later she felt someone getting close to her,she looked over and it was Rafe."𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭?"she said."𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞?"rafe replied."𝐍𝐨,𝐢 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭,𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭."Gabriella said,but she never moved away,she quite liked the presence of Rafe but hated his whole existence at the same time.
After a while,It was time to walk out.She was very nervous but sarah had reassured her so she got calmer.
Ward had just started his speech.Gabriella always thought is was some bullshit and never paid attention to the speech,and this year was no different.
After the speech was over,she went to go find kiara as she was one of the only people she liked here,but she was quickly stopped by her dad?
"𝐃𝐚𝐝?" she said
"𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐆𝐚𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚" Her father said
"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞."she said,almosr yelling.
"𝐈𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞,𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐁𝐗 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲."he replied.

Hell no.this was not happening.

"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡?𝐰𝐡𝐲?𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝?"she finally yelled at him.
She hadnt realized she was actually screaming at him,but even if she did,she couldnt care less.
"𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬,𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?"
"𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐢 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩𝐬𝐞𝐭,𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭."
GREAT,JUST GREAT.
She ran out of the venue into the lobby,she was debating whether to stay here or go home,since she had no car she would have to walk.It was a 30 minute walk in heels. No way was she about to do that.
She was absolutely a mess,she didn't want anyone to see her in this state but she physically couldn't walk anywhere.so she sat there hopelessly hoping no one would show up until she got herself together.
Of course,someone had to show up.
"𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?"A deep voice from behind spoke.
"𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐞"she replied.
She looked over,it was Rafe.She calmed down a bit because for some reason,even though she hated him,it was better than having someone else see her.
Although he was clearly high and his sober self wouldn't even come close to her.
"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞"he said,hugging her.
She was shocked at first,why was rafe hugging her?didnt rafe hate her more than she hated him?.she wanted to get all of this out of her so she started explaining to him."𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐝,𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐟 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝."Gabriella said while crying.this was the first time she told anyone about her dad and his issues and she hoped since Rafe was high he would forget about it in the morning and never bring it up again.

The next day

Gabriella woke up in someone else's bed and not hers,she quickly got up and scanned the room when she realized it was Rafes. She started gathering her stuff when she heard a voice."Whats the rush?"He spoke.She looked at him confused and weirded out,hoping they hadnt done anything because that would just be disgusting.
"𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐞?"
"𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡?"
"𝟐 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬,𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠?"she almost mumbled.
"𝐍𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐫𝐲,𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮.𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞"
"𝐨𝐡 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲,𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"
"𝐍𝐨𝐩𝐞,𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡."
"Just great" she spoke before she left Rafes room.
What the fuck happened at midsummers and what was she going to do with her dad being around now?

out of all the shitty midsummers shes had,this is the worst one.

*********