10 | Madness

ROCKSTAR 101 by Rihanna, Slash

CARLOTTA

I stared for a long instant at my open luggage on the ground, thinking about how the remaining things I took back at home were all inside here.

My father's workers packed all my stuff and shipped it in New York where I was currently at. All my things were at Luca's place. My future home.

I wasn't keen yet on calling it home, especially seeing how it was a penthouse. It had two floors and was on the last floor of the hotel I was staying at. The hotel is owned by my fiancé. One of the many, since I had discovered how he was the head of multiple other buildings.

I quickly realised how much was I clueless on his life. What was exactly this job and where was all his wealth coming from? Was it generational like the Mancini's one?

I didn't own a single dollar, as my father never opened a bank account for me. So I couldn't say I was wealthy. My family was. Precisely my father.

I was just me. And tomorrow I was going to get married and shipped into another family to live the same loveless life I'd been living until now.

I turned around, walking towards the garment bag hanging in the bedroom. I slipped the zip down, meeting the baby rose dress my parents had chosen for the bachelorette party.

It was a sober one that reached my ankles and had a wide skirt in tulle. I felt like one of those girls celebrating their quinceanera. I wasn't quite fond of it for the event but I was I to say a word regarding this matter? There were no other choices.

I had to remind myself to hide the new bruises on my shoulders.

My father got angry again with the story of me following Luca to his place. I thought we went through that story already, but apparently my father was paranoid despite the gynaecologist visit he forced me to go when I got back from New York.

Something firmly convinced him I was hiding something.

I desperately cried for hours in his office, constantly saying nothing happened. He studied my face with a serious expression and arms crossed to his chest, indifferent to how much he was making me suffer. I had no tears left, but I kept on sobbing before he let me go.

Not after tightly gripping my chin with his fingers, bruising me there as well, and threatening me.

If Luca did not end up marrying me, my horse would be dead before I could even realise what was going on.